JobZone Users, We Have Switched JobZone Platforms: DO NOT USE THIS PAGE TO POST JOBS
Please try logging in with the same email as you used with this system and reset your password. Email the above address if you have any issues.
|Boston-based children’s book publisher is currently seeking a Managing Editor to coordinate and track development of frontlist and reprint titles for a fast-paced children’s promotional publishing company, which publishes approximately one hundred titles per year. |
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Schedules and tracks approximately one hundred titles per year as well as mock-ups for sales presentations.
2. Maintains a biweekly progress report covering current projects.
3. Runs weekly department production meetings.
4. Supervises the production design department.
5. Organizes and manages digital workflow applications including Filemaker Pro.
6. Acts as the liaison between editorial, design, sales and production.
7. Reviews proofs from an editorial and production perspective
8. Manages projects with freelance editors and authors (ideally projects need to stay in-house).
Please apply to if you meet the following requirements:
• At least 3 years of managing editorial experience, preferably in children’s publishing
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
• Extremely detail-oriented
• Excellent communication skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel and Filemaker Pro
• Copyediting experience and knowledge of The Chicago Manual of Style
• Experience using InDesign on a Mac a plus