JobZone Users, We Have Switched JobZone Platforms: DO NOT USE THIS PAGE TO POST JOBS
Please try logging in with the same email as you used with this system and reset your password. Email the above address if you have any issues.
|San Rafael, CA|
|Marin County publisher seeking a motivated and creative individual with book design experience that possesses strong skills in design, layout, typography, time-management for the position of Senior Designer. This position encompasses a wide range of responsibilities designing, conceptualizing, and managing the creation of high-quality picture books, limited edition packaging, and a variety of other book formats and genres.|
· Conceptualize cover and interiors of books by bringing a cutting-edge design sense to every project and keeping up with industry and design trends
· Manage all aspects and stages of the books design and production
· Collaborate with the Art Director, Editorial staff, and Production department from manuscript to final bound book to realize a collective vision
· Act as a mentor to others designers with the Design department
· Expert proficiency in InDesign, PhotoShop, and Illustrator – Mac based.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Superior organizational skills and a keen eye for details
· Photographic eye and a creative, outside-the-box approach to choosing photos
· Ability to provide creative solutions to design challenges
· Ability to manage multiple projects, adapting to changing schedules, and working under tight time constraints.
· Thorough knowledge of pre-press processes and print production.
· Knowledge and experience in digital publishing a plus
· 4-5 years of design experience in book publishing
· Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design
Please submit a cover letter and resume along with 2-3 samples or preferably a link to an online portfolio.