|We are currently recruiting for a Sales Manager to coordinate and support all sales related functions in our southern sales territories for all market segments of Ingram Content Group. This position manages a team of sales representatives throughout a designated geographic area responsible for generating sales and/or participating in sales-related service activities for assigned accounts within a defined territory. Oversees and actively promotes, coordinates, and participates in sales development and/or service activities among selected accounts or prospects for an assigned territory. Generate revenue and/or profit margin for assigned accounts and territories.|
Essential Duties in this role include:
• Manages a team of sales representatives, to include setting sales goals, establishing sales strategies and measuring performance toward the achievement of goals.
• Recruits, hires, trains and conducts performance evaluations for all direct sales associates ensuring consistent application of company policies and taking corrective action when necessary.
• Partners with sales team in managing the relationship with client publishers by attending presales meetings and developing call reports.
• Develops and manages all sales to a specific region of the country on behalf of Ingram and our IPS client publishers.
• Generates revenue and/or profit margin among assigned accounts/territories as well as the territories/accounts of those under direct supervision.
• Represents the client publisher with respect to promotion, sales, and service of its product line to a variety of customers within a large, defined geographic area, to include new and backlist title sales, advertising planning and establishing and maintaining customer relations.
• Manages and recommends proper discounting levels per account.
• Ensures high post-sales satisfaction facilitating positive long-term relationships and high potential for repeat business with customers
• Keeps informed on new products and/or services and other general information of interest to customers and client publishers.
• Informs customers of supply and price trends, and assists in inventory control.
• Participates in the planning and implementation of Sales Conferences, publisher presales meetings and trade shows.
• Conducts frequent travel within assigned sales territory and throughout designated geographic area in support of sales team.
• Participates in the annual budgetary process as well as the creation and implementation of strategic sales plans
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities needed in this role include:
• Ability to adhere to deadlines and meet key deliverables
• Decision making skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Problem solving skills
• Oral and written communication skills
• Knowledge of and ability to use financial/profitability analysis methodologies and tools
• Presentation skills
• Attention to detail
• Personal computing skills including PC applications (Excel, Word, Access and Project)
• Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services, including marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
• Customer Service skills
• Critical thinking skills
• Ability to manage the work of others
Minimum Education and Experience required:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field
• 5 years specific market or equivalent experience in sales
• 2 years leadership/management experience
Ingram offers a compensation package that includes competitive base salary, incentive opportunities, and excellent, comprehensive benefits offerings.
At Ingram, our mission is to help content reach its destination....Ingram Content Group provides a broad range of physical and digital products and services along with immediate access to the largest selection of books and book-related products in the in the industry. Ingram Content Group is a leading wholesaler of trade books, spoken audio, magazines, and a leading provider of demand-driven printing and digital solutions for publishers.