JobZone Users, We Have Switched JobZone Platforms: DO NOT USE THIS PAGE TO POST JOBS
Please try logging in with the same email as you used with this system and reset your password. Email the above address if you have any issues.
|Marketing Director, Fiction|
|HarperCollins Christian Publishing|
|501 Nelson Place |
Nashville, TN 37214
|Thomas Nelson, Inc., the world’s largest Christian publisher, seeks a Marketing Director to lead the Fiction Marketing and Publicity teams. Our ideal candidate is an inspiring marketing leader and an innovative and strategic thinker – able to conceive and implement both traditional and non-traditional marketing initiatives into full print and digital campaigns. Candidate must also be passionate about Thomas Nelson’s mission and an avid lover of story.|
PURPOSE: The Marketing Director develops, directs, and, with team support, delivers all marketing components for a list of 60 novels – including originals and reprints - per year.
JOB DESCRIPTION/ ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Inspires team and the larger organization to best practices in all aspects of marketing - from community outreach (bloggers, websites, influencers), to consumer research, to social media campaigns, to placement of print and online content.
• Conceives and communicates with publisher, editors, sales, authors and agents on all campaigns and their components – from presentation through execution to ROI analysis.
• Builds alignment and strong relationships with sales channels and retailers - including traditional retail, online retail, and direct to consumer - to maximize discoverability of all titles in both print and e and drive growth of the Fiction program.
• Conceives and executes front list, seasonal, genre, and backlist promotions in both e and p formats.
• Secures third-party program-wide and title specific promotional partnerships; sets strategy for long-term author brand and audience building campaigns.
• Leads creative planning for sales conference and conventions; responsible for all sales conference deliverables.
• Collaborates on and communicates consumer perspective on all aspects of packaging, including title, jacket, and cover copy.
• Exemplifies a passion for great story and helping stories find their readers.
• Proven leadership of a marketing team in publishing or a related industry.
• Broad knowledge of commercial (and in particular, inspirational) fiction preferred.
• Detailed experience with online product marketing and social media platforms and tracking.
• Exceptional writing and presentation skills.
7+ years of relevant mid to senior marketing experience in publishing, media, or a related industry.
B.A. in Marketing, Communications, Literature, or other relevant disciplines.