JobZone Users, We Have Switched JobZone Platforms: DO NOT USE THIS PAGE TO POST JOBS
Please try logging in with the same email as you used with this system and reset your password. Email the above address if you have any issues.
|Foreign Rights Manager|
|Insight Editions is an award-winning independent illustrated book publisher located in San Rafael, CA. Insight has a startup mentality and a fast growing list. Our program is focused around creating superlatively designed and produced volumes on film, music, photography, gaming, and popular culture.|
Insight Editions is hiring an experienced foreign rights manager to undertake the sales of co-editions, actively supervise sub-rights representatives in international markets, and facilitate the growth of our foreign rights program. Responsibilities include soliciting sub-rights deals for front and backlist titles, maintaining a rights sales database, creating materials and presentations, managing information flow and material requests, tracking contracts, and preparing for rights shows. This is a multi-faceted job in a small-publishing environment within a rapidly growing company. Flexibility, strong organizational skills, a self-starting work ethic, and problem solving skills are a must.
Core Job Responsibilities:
• Create and manage work flows to share information, materials, and updates about our books to the foreign rights market.
• Manage and expand a network of rights agents to sell select territories or imprints.
• Route contracts, payments, and maintain rights opportunities and contact database.
• Prepare materials for and represent Insight Editions at foreign rights fairs, including but not limited to London, Frankfurt, and Bologna.
• Create reports that use comprehensive data to measure performance and drive innovation.
• BA/BS required
• 5 or more years of experience in foreign rights sales at a publisher or agency or related field.
• Experience with creating and managing workflows.
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to convey measured results.
• Experience working with MS Office, including Excel, PowerPoint, and File-maker.
• Contacts within the author, agent or foreign rights industry a plus.
• High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
• Strong research skills and familiarity with international rights databases.
• Superior verbal and written communications skills.
• Familiarity with Illustrated book production process.
• Foreign languages and work experience in Europe a plus.