JobZone Users, We Have Switched JobZone Platforms: DO NOT USE THIS PAGE TO POST JOBS
Please try logging in with the same email as you used with this system and reset your password. Email the above address if you have any issues.
|Director of Marketing|
|New Harbinger Publications|
New Harbinger Publications, the premier publisher of evidence-based self-help and books for mental health professionals seeks a Director of Marketing.
Now in our 40th year of business, New Harbinger is committed to developing our brand and marketing our products both on and off line. This position was created to build upon our already well-known and respected brand and to fully integrate our digital/online and direct mail marketing strategies with traditional publicity campaigns.
We are seeking a seasoned, results-oriented, publishing professional with a deep understanding and passion for marketing, publicity, and publishing. This position requires an individual who has outstanding leadership skills, the ability to synthesize and analyze data, a profound understanding of digital marketing and social media, attention to detail, creativity, and the drive and enthusiasm to pull it all together.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
• Working with a team of 8 marketing and publicity professionals, oversee the development, execution, and coordination of 60 – 75 book/product marketing and publicity campaigns a year.
• Develop strategic partnerships that leverage brand identity and increase overall visibility for both partners.
• Oversee the development, execution, and coordination of 6-12 brand-building campaigns a year.
• Grow and maintain our double-opt-in consumer data base
• Work with 15 – 20 authors a year to build their platforms (online and offline)
• Grow direct sales
• Monitor sales and metrics associated with all campaigns
• Develop and monitor website funnel analysis
• Fully integrate publicity, marketing, and advertising for optimal sales
• Work interdepartmentally to leverage our marketing and publicity efforts
• Keep abreast of emerging technologies and work with our publication technology team to implement them
• Previous experience working for a small to mid-size, niche publishing house
• 5-10 years experience in marketing or a related field
• Proven team leader and motivational manager
• Significant experience indirect mail, email, digital marketing, and social media with a proven track record of campaigns that resulted in sales
• Proven track record of website merchandising campaigns that resulted in sales and/or opt-in list building
• Knowledge of SEO and SEM
• Ability to oversee and execute multiple projects and meet deadlines
• Proven track record building a double opt-in email list
• Exemplary communication and collaborative skills
• Creative, energetic, detail oriented, and results/sales oriented
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing or other related field
• Sales, Marketing, and/or Publicity experience a plus
New Harbinger Publications offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k plan, Employee Stock Option Plan, paid vacation and sick leave, as well as a generous holiday schedule.