JobZone Users, We Have Switched JobZone Platforms: DO NOT USE THIS PAGE TO POST JOBS
Please try logging in with the same email as you used with this system and reset your password. Email the above address if you have any issues.
|Associate Project Editor|
|Globe Pequot Press|
• Project manages approximately 30 to 35 titles per year as assigned by Managing Editor.
• Ensures manuscripts meet company standards and conforms to the vision of the work as described in the author’s contract.
• Works closely with the Acquisition Editor in matters pertaining to author management and style of work.
• Performs structural edit and line edit as necessary.
• Hires copyeditors, proofreaders, and indexers; sends copyedited manuscript to author, and works with author to resolve queries and review author changes.
• Transmits manuscript and art to Design and Production.
• Fills out all paperwork as necessary.
• Manages book files in content management system.
• Manages freelancer costs and keeps books on budget.
• Processes freelancer invoices.
• Contributes ideas and perspective on systems and process to increase efficiency.
• Attends meetings as necessary to facilitate book process.
• Manages information, such as title information for various reports and meetings, entering information into the title management software system as necessary.
• Keeps books on schedule.
• Ability to work on multiple projects under tight deadlines.
• Expertise in Microsoft Office including Excel and track changes in Word.
• Must be able to work electronically and to manage content accordingly, and perform fact checks on titles online.
• Excellent communication skills.
•Bachelor’s degree and 2 to 4 years of book publishing experience necessary.