JobZone Users, We Have Switched JobZone Platforms: DO NOT USE THIS PAGE TO POST JOBS
Please try logging in with the same email as you used with this system and reset your password. Email the above address if you have any issues.
|The Walt Disney Company|
|New York, NY|
| Job Description:|
Disney Consumer Products (DCP) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company that extends the Disney brand to merchandise ranging from apparel, toys, home decor and books to interactive games, food and beverages, stationery, electronics and animation art.
The position of Publicity Director is responsible for leading the publicity efforts across Disney Publishing Worldwide’s Disney Book Group imprints: Disney-Hyperion, Disney-Hyperion Jump at the Sun, Disney Press, Marvel Press and Disney Editions. Publicity Director will manage a team to lead and develop all publicity strategies and execute media relations plans, author tours and appearances. In cooperation with the Disney Consumer Products communications team, the Publicity Director will:
• Work closely with the DBG Publisher and Associate Publishers to determine priorities each season
• Oversee development of national media relationships and determine pitch strategies
• Develop overarching strategy for all book launches to include, but not limited to: the development of author tours across multiple markets; author appearances at bookstores in local markets; pitch authors for book fairs and festivals and pitching all appropriate local media outlets in tour and appearance markets, including print, broadcast, radio, and online with the goal of creating massive consumer awareness that directly impacts sales.
• Develop publicity materials to include craft effective, innovative press materials such as press releases, author bios, q&a’s, media kits, talking points, and backgrounders.
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with trade and consumer media who cover books and authors. Proactively pitch features editors, producers, book reviewers, and bloggers on Disney Publishing Worldwide’s authors and titles. Manage through team all mailings and follow-up calls to media for assigned titles.
• Bookseller Relationships: Develop and maintain positive relationships with key account bookstore owners, buyers and event coordinators
• Manage Publicity team, freelancers and publicity firms.
• Develop and Manage the Publicity department budget and the title-by-title annual budget
• Develop and implement the social media and online publicity campaigns for assigned titles
• 8 years' experience in publishing publicity or a related field. Knowledge of children’s books and children’s media preferred.
• 4-5 years employee management
• Proven media contacts including broadcast, print, and bloggers
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ease and comfort with public speaking and good presentation skills
• Attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple, complex projects simultaneously
• Self-starter capable of working independently
• Familiarity with Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point. Knowledge of Cision, Critical Mention, and SAP is a plus
•Bachelor's degree in Communications / Public Relations.