JobZone Users, We Have Switched JobZone Platforms: DO NOT USE THIS PAGE TO POST JOBS
Please try logging in with the same email as you used with this system and reset your password. Email the above address if you have any issues.
|The Publisher, AmazonCrossing oversees editorial for the Crossing imprint, as well as the global strategy for AmazonCrossing’s expanding translation network. It is a unique role, in that it is a hybrid between a Publisher and a General Manager for a rapidly expanding global business. This role has direct responsibility for the editorial team, the development of the AmazonCrossing list, author and translator relations, and strategic development of AmazonCrossing’s global network of translators. Also critical to the role will be the ability to work cross-functionally with production, marketing/merchandising, finance, product management and the Amazon Publishing development teams to further scale the business, ensure the highest quality translations, manage the translator experience, and continually add new language pairs. This position will be based in Seattle and reports to the Vice-President of Amazon Publishing’s global business.|
Key responsibilities include:
• Setting the overall business direction;
• Determining new target markets, personnel and production modes, resources for producing the publication, setting the budget, allocating and controlling costs.
• Working closely on the marketing/merchandising, production, and distribution/licensing of these books, with the various leaders for each of these areas.
• Staffing a world-class editorial team;
• Managing a large network of literary translators;
• Negotiating with foreign rights agents and authors to acquire high-profile book projects;
• Creating a best-in-class author and translator experience;
• Innovating toward continually more productive publishing models;
• Managing imprint-specific technology, operations, marketing/PR, financial planning, and legal issues from a global perspective.