JobZone Users, We Have Switched JobZone Platforms: DO NOT USE THIS PAGE TO POST JOBS
Please try logging in with the same email as you used with this system and reset your password. Email the above address if you have any issues.
|New Providence, NJ|
|ProQuest is seeking a Marketing Manager |
Lead the strategic and tactical marketing efforts for Bowker product lines and others as required.
1. Strategic Product Planning - Participate in development of strategic plans for assigned product lines with the objective of profitable growth. Create specific recommendations for the product/market programs based upon critical evaluation of products and services in relation to the market needs and competitive products. Plan and, in coordination with relevant departments, implement new product rollouts including customer communication field documentation and implement training programs.
2. Integrated Marketing Planning - Interpret strategic and operating plans to develop and communicate the marketing objectives for the specific products and programs. Partner with product management, customer service, marketing communications, marketing production, Sales and finance teams etc. to develop specific tactics resulting in highly integrated marketing plans. Clearly communicate objectives and the resulting integrated marketing plans to support successful product launch and sales growth targets.
3. Market Research and Assessment - Conduct market penetration, share and value position research that tracks and evaluates the position of the products.
4. Competitive Benchmarking and Analysis - Evaluate products versus competitive products including specific product features, price and content. Use the competitive information to create tools to support sales personnel. Also use the information to inform the publishers of product opportunities and issues. Interpret the competitive information to regularly provide updates of opportunities and threats to specific product lines and the overall business.
5. Pricing - Develop and implement pricing campaigns to maximize revenue and/or profit growth objectives.
6. Major Account Strategy and Support - Assist in the key account selling strategy development and take an active role in presenting products to customers. Represent the company on panels and presentations at major association meeting and trade shows. Attend and work the exhibits at major trade shows.
7. Business Development - Participate in the evaluation of new business initiatives that create new revenue opportunities. This includes acquisitions, partnerships, distribution agreements and representation agreements.
What you'll need to be successful...
3-5 years of marketing or similar experience, Bachelor's degree in marketing, Master's degree in marketing a plus
Proficiency in online searching, reference and information access tools.
Fantastic people: Where smart is the norm and unique is welcome
Connected location: Located in residential New Providence, NJ, with easy access to NJ Transit, and major highways
Great benefits: Flexible scheduling and wellness programs
New office environment: Newly renovated office, a casual yet high-energy work environment where jeans are the norm
Bowker is the world's leading provider of bibliographic information management solutions designed to help publishers, booksellers, and libraries better serve their customers. The company is focused on developing various tools and products that make books easier for people to discover, evaluate, order, and experience, as well as providing services to publishers that help them better understand and meet the interests of readers
If this position isn’t quite your fit, check out our other positions posted on our “Opportunities” page under About Us.
Bowker is an affiliated business of ProQuest®, and is headquartered in New Providence, NJ. www.Bowker.com