JobZone Users, We Have Switched JobZone Platforms: DO NOT USE THIS PAGE TO POST JOBS
Please try logging in with the same email as you used with this system and reset your password. Email the above address if you have any issues.
|Assistant Director of Sales|
|Princeton University Press|
|Princeton University Press seeks an Assistant Director of Sales to represent the Press’s books to national and specialty accounts and assist in the running of the sales department.|
Essential duties in this position include:
1. Calling on several national accounts, presenting new titles and key backlist; communicating new title information and sales history of previous titles; negotiating co-op spends; managing ongoing customer relationships and developing new ones; and following-up to secure orders and re-orders.
2. Managing several specialty accounts and manage outreach to non-traditional retail accounts.
3. Reporting back regularly to press management on market reception of list in writing and in meetings
4. Managing frontlist reprints and inventory
5. Managing annual remainder sale
6. Sending publicity updates and other relevant information to field rep force and assisting sales reps as needed
7. Assisting in preparations for semi-annual sales conferences including writing tip sheets and gathering other relevant information for sales rep force
8. Assisting in occasional customer service issues
9. Assisting sales director in producing and analyzing sales reports as needed
Candidates must hold a bachelor’s degree and have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in trade book sales, preferably having worked for a publisher of serious non-fiction trade books. The ideal candidate will also demonstrate excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
Princeton University Press offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. EOE