JobZone Users, We Have Switched JobZone Platforms: DO NOT USE THIS PAGE TO POST JOBS
Please try logging in with the same email as you used with this system and reset your password. Email the above address if you have any issues.
|Director, International Sales|
|World Book, Inc.|
|TITLE: Director, Licensing, Business Development and International Sales|
BASIC FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITY:
The Director of Licensing, Business Development, and International Sales reports directly to the President and acts as a general manager of the distributor network outside the U.S. and Canada. This position is responsible for implementing strategic and tactical business plans that position the company as the category leader, while developing new business and licensing agreements to leverage content into both domestic and international markets.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Define and drive long-term growth strategy.
2. Manage and motivate existing distributors. Create and deliver programs which recruit, motivate, and develop distributors.
3. Set sales unit and revenue goals for distributors to assure meeting total International budgets including effectively managing costs.
4. Identify new markets (domestic and international) to establish new business or licensing partnerships.
5. Participate in new product planning.
6. Expand International market to reach new geographies and transnational customers.
7. Develop and nurture joint database projects & programs, co-publishing opportunities, and new international consumer initiatives.
1. Bachelor’s degree with 8-10 years of success in managing an international sales force or distributor network within the publishing industry with experience in both digital content licensing and foreign language content translation licensing. Strategic and analytical thinking skills to set strategy in a complex International market;
2. Flexible leadership style with sharp communication and negotiation skills to motivate diverse people in different locations and cultures;
3. Initiative to invest the time to help distributors build successful businesses in key markets (e.g. India, China).
4. Ability to bring a bottom line perspective to the business with a proven ability to make tough business decisions;
5.Track record of results in sales growth, customer expansion and market share growth;
6. Able to overcome obstacles, manage performance and meet and exceed stretch goals;
7. Must be willing to travel worldwide, at times exceeding 70%.
8. Ethics and integrity beyond reproach.
PLEASE INCLUDE SALARY REQUIREMENTS WITH RESUME!