JobZone Users, We Have Switched JobZone Platforms: DO NOT USE THIS PAGE TO POST JOBS
Please try logging in with the same email as you used with this system and reset your password. Email the above address if you have any issues.
|International Sales Director|
|San Rafael, CA|
|Insight Editions, based in San Rafael CA and one of the fastest growing independent book publishers in the US, has a position for an International Sales Director. In this role you will be responsible for organizing the sales in all international markets from co-editions and rights, to retailers, distributors and wholesalers globally to ensure the company’s publications are effectively adapted and sold in channel globally..|
Core Job Responsibilities
· Create and manage workflows to share information, materials, and updates about our books across all sales channels.
· Oversee and expand publishing and distribution partners in all key markets globally.
· Prepare materials for and represent Insight Editions at foreign rights fairs including but not limited to London, Frankfurt, Bologna, etc.
· Create reports that use comprehensive data to measure performance and identify opportunities
· Define formats and repurpose titles to meet the individual needs of specific markets and partners.
· Identify and secure orders from large retailers and wholesalers in key markets internationally.
· Participate in developing the publishing program to meet the needs of specific markets and partners in the various territories.
· Bachelor’s degree plus minimum 5 years experience in internationally focused co-edition publishing either in the USA or Europe.
· Proven track record of selling books in international markets in the co-edition, rights, and export channels.
· The ability to deal with established clients all over the world and open up new relationships in foreign markets.
· Prior experience traveling and selling in Europe, Asia, Latin America, and other markets..
· Excellent negotiating skills, and ability to secure deals.
· Superior written and verbal communication skills.
· Knowledge of foreign languages a plus.
· A thorough knowledge of book publishing, the editorial process, and an understanding of illustrated book publishing are essential.
· Good business skills to create and maintain P & L’s, and understand margins and cash flows.
· The ability to train and lead a small US based sales team and to identify and appoint representatives in key foreign markets.
· Knowledge of the movie, gaming, and entertainment industry working with brand licensors will be a plus.
· Frequent overseas travel will be essential.
· The job is based in San Rafael, Marin, California.
Insight Editions enjoys an unparalleled reputation for innovation, quality, and commercial success made possible by its strong relationships with a large number of well-known entertainment companies and individuals. It operates in the US as both a publisher and packager, and sells its books in twenty languages in over forty countries.
This is an amazing opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join a growing publisher who continues to develop their niche in the publishing industry. The salary will be commensurate with experience and the package will comprise a good base salary with benefits, plus an annual bonus based upon achievement at certain revenue goals