JobZone Users, We Have Switched JobZone Platforms: DO NOT USE THIS PAGE TO POST JOBS
Please try logging in with the same email as you used with this system and reset your password. Email the above address if you have any issues.
|Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM)|
The Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM), a Philadelphia-based scholarly society, is looking for an acquisitions editor to acquire and develop print and electronic content that contribute to a high-quality and financially successful book publishing program.
• Possesses in-depth knowledge of markets, authors, and trends.
• Ability to think strategically about emerging areas, technology, and content in a rapidly changing market.
• Acquires content for print, e-books, and other formats to be determined.
• Develops and maintains relationships with authors, editorial boards, and volunteers.
• Reviews and responds to book proposals, develops financial plans, and negotiates contracts.
• Oversees development of books to insure a high quality product within budget and projected timeframes.
• Works with production as titles are shepherded through the production process.
• Works with editorial boards to develop book series.
• Works with marketing in the development and implementation of a marketing plan for each book.
College degree or higher, experience in book acquisitions and knowledge of markets, demonstrated track record in acquiring and developing content, excellent editing and proofreading skills, proven ability to work with authors to acquire and develop superior content, ability to work with in-house colleagues, strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to juggle multiple assignments and to meet deadlines, strong sense of ownership and responsibility, familiarity with e-publishing platforms. Familiarity with rights management and knowledge of Latex a plus.