- Four Questions for Ashley Wolff
Some of her popular works include her Baby Bear series, Baby Beluga by Raffi, and the Miss Bindergarten series by Joseph Slate.
- New Kids' and YA Books: Week of November 8, 2021
- Four Questions for Lenora Todaro
I would love to be able to see mountain gorillas in Uganda and Rwanda; to go to the Arctic and see a polar bear in the wild; and to dive off Australia and see the Great Barrier Reef before it disappears.
- Four Fan-Favorite YA Trilogies Come to an End This Fall
The last title came from the panic of wondering how I would incorporate “bronzed bears” into a plot device before a friend suggested “beasts” as an alternative.
- A Winter’s Earl
Unfortunately, this central romance feels rather tame and tensionless, and an episode in which actors and a bear arrive unexpectedly works as a nod to Shakespeare but is otherwise slack.
- The Leather Apron Club: Benjamin Franklin, His Son Billy & America's First Circulating Library
Inspired by the life of William “Billy” Franklin, son of Benjamin Franklin, this first-person account conveyed in lengthy free verse opens in Philadelphia, 1739, when rowdy Billy is eight years old; eventually, a new tutor inspires a love of reading, and the elder Franklin allows the younger
- Pure Colour
Here, God has created three kinds of people: bird, fish, and bear.
- Denver's BookBar Purchases the Bookies
“But I couldn’t bear the possibility of Denver losing such an iconic bookstore.”
- New Kids' and YA Books: Week of November 1, 2021
The red cloak–clad child at the Three Bears’ door isn’t the usual suspect: it’s Little Red, escaped from “the book next door” to ask for help in this meta picture book.Tiny Dancer by Siena Cherson Siegel, illus. by Mark Siegel.
- In Brief: October 28, 2021
., for Poe & Lars (Little Bee), about a creative girl in the Arctic whose home is accidentally destroyed by a polar bear.
- Rights Report: Week of October 25, 2021
Alessandra Balzer at HarperCollins/Balzer + Bray has acquired, at auction, Aleema Omotoni's debut Everyone's Thinking It, a YA novel pitched as a loose reimagining of A Midsummer Night's Dream if Shakespeare grew up watching Mean Girls and Dear White People.
- Was It Worth It?: A Wilderness Warrior's Long Trail Home
Using vivid imagery, he reflects on humanity's relationship with the natural world, his tour of duty in Vietnam, living among Grizzly bears in Yellowstone National Park, and, appropriately, mortality.
- New Titles from Self-Publishers: End of October 2021
Booksellers, publishers, librarians, and agents are encouraged to look at the 105 self-published titles below.
- The On-Sale Calendar: January 2022 Children's Books
They Stole Our Hearts by Daniel Kraus, illus. by Rovina Cai (Holt, $17.99; ISBN 978-1-250-22442-2). 50,000 copies.Where Is Bina Bear?
- The On-Sale Calendar: April 2022 Children's Books
April 1A Darkening of Dragons by S.A.