- It Happened in the Catskills: An Oral History in the Words of Busboys, Bellhops, Guests, Proprietors, Comedians, Agents, and Others Who Lived It
This exuberant oral history of what Jewish comedians used to call the Borscht Belt re-creates a world now gone--a New York State vacation haven in the middle decades of this century primarily to New York City Jews.
- Irreparable Harm: A Firsthand Account of How One Agent Took on the CIA in an Epic Battle Over Secrecy and Free Speech
Written with deep indignation, Snepp's engaging memoir presents a compelling case study of how claims of national security arguably stifle expression that in no way endangers national security but instead might merely embarrass the government.
- Pioneers of Promotion: How Press Agents for Buffalo Bill, P. T. Barnum, and the World's Columbian Exposition Created Modern Marketing
In this exuberant account, marketing executive Dobrow (Natural Prophets) returns Buffalo Bill, the 1893 Chicago World’s Fair, and other names from late-19th-century popular culture to their rightful place in advertising history.
- The Like Switch: An Ex-FBI Agent S Guide to Influencing, Attracting, and Winning People Over
Former FBI investigator Schafer applies what he learned in his law-enforcement past to explain how to charm anyone under any circumstances.
- Captain Sir Richard Francis Burton: The Secret Agent Who Made the Pilgrimage to Mecca, Discovered the Kama Sutra, and Brought the Arabian Nights to th
The subtitle of this engrossing book, ``The Secret Agent Who Made the Pilgrimage to Mecca, Discovered the Kama Sutra , and Brought the Arabian Nights to the West,'' indicates only the half of it.
- America at Night: The True Story of Two Rogue CIA \t\t Operatives, Homeland Security Failures, Dirty Money, and a Plot to Steal the \t\t 2004 Presidential Election—by the Former Intelligence Agent Who Foiled the \t\t Plan
After 20 years of CIA covert operations, Kolb looked forward to \t\t retirement and the obligatory memoir (Overworld, 2004), when he discovered the wildly \t\t sinister plot recounted in this engaging book.
- Verses for the Dead
Agent: Eric Simonoff, WME.
- Cut to the Bone
Agent: Amy Tannenbaum, Jane Rotrosen Agency.
- Business As Usual at Penguin, Random House
"Agents always prefer more competition to less.
- Double Cross: The True Story of the D-Day Spies
Agent: Ed Victor, Ed Victor Ltd.
- Witness to the Truth
Special agent Mike Devlin sidesteps Bureau policy--as usual--by singlehandedly nailing a fugitive killer.
- The Disrupt, Discredit, and Divide: How the FBI Targeted American Communities and Lost Its Way
German peppers the narrative with the stories of unsung rank-and-file agents, including those of Gamal Abdel-Hafiz, the FBI’s first foreign-born Muslim agent, and Coleen Rowley, a Minneapolis field agent, who both questioned oversteps by their superiors.
- Writer Beware: Web Site Warns of Online Scams
Strauss told PW that while the Writers Beware site focuses on the activities of disreputable literary agents, it also warns of corrupt "book doctors" and subsidy publishers that are sometimes affiliated with or even owned by the same crooked agents.
- Mission: Back to School: Top-Secret Information
Author’s agent: Brenda Bowen, Sanford J.
- Fear the Dark: A Bishop/Special Crimes Unit Novel
Agent: Eileen Fallon, Fallon Literary Agency.