- The President's Daughter: A Thriller
Agents: Robert Barnett and Deneen Howell, Williams & Connolly.
- Living Brave: Lessons from Hurt, Lighting the Way to Hope
Agent: Amy Bishop, Dystel, Goderich & Bourret.
- The Newcomer
Meanwhile, an FBI agent sets up a sting to prove Evan wants Letty dead.
- Such a Quiet Place
Agent: Sarah Davies, Greenhouse Literary.
- Fierce Little Thing
Agent: Anne Hawkins, John Hawkins & Assoc.
- Tiny Barbarian
Author’s agent: Scott Treimel, Scott Treimel NY.
- A Season of Sinister Dreams
Agent: Pam Gruber, Irene Goodman Literary.
- That Thing about Bollywood
Agent: Kathleen Rushall, Andrea Brown Literary.
- Honorée Fanonne Jeffers Breaks the Mold with Her Debut Novel
The magazine sent the finalists’ work to a number of agents, and Sarah Burnes at the Gernert Company made Jeffers an offer of representation.
- Anthony Doerr Knows the Power of the Book
“Wendy Weil was my original agent,” he says.
- The Tightening Dark: An American Hostage in Yemen
Agent: Elise Capron, Sandra Dijkstra Literary.
- Trejo: My Life of Crime, Redemption, and Hollywood
Agents: Gloria Hinojosa, Amsel, Eisenstadt, Frazier & Hinojosa; Albert Lee, United Talent Agency.
- Conquering Jerusalem
Agent: Richard Curtis, Richard Curtis Assoc.
- In Conversation: J. Albert Mann and Lisa Yoskowitz
Lisa Yoskowitz: Yes, it felt like fate delivered this manuscript to my inbox—though really, it was your agent, Kerry Sparks :) Mann: When I first sent the novel to Kerry, the title was different (Missing Minnesota), but the premise was the same.
- Sympathy for the Devil: PW Talks with Ed Brubaker
A grizzled former-undercover FBI agent, Ethan Reckless spends his days surfing, laying low in a condemned movie theater and (somewhat reluctantly) working as a for-hire private detective.