- My Moment: 106 Women on Fighting for Themselves
Agent: Meg Thompson, Thompson Literary.
- Dusapin, Espada, Lo, Miles, and Mott Win 2021 National Book Awards
She very movingly thanked her agent, Tanya McKinnon, and especially her editor, Molly Turpin, for her passion and dedication for the project, saying: "We both know this was a co-written book."
- Digitization and Content Creation in India Rolls On
There is no question that the pandemic has accelerated the pace of content digitization even as it has decimated revenues in both the digital solutions and publishing industries.
- New Titles from Self-Publishers: End of November
Booksellers, publishers, librarians, and agents are encouraged to look at the 72 self-published titles below.
- The Book Biz Learns to Embrace Our Diverse Reality
This is a reflection of the submissions I receive from agents and of my commitment—and that of Crown—to finding and publishing new BIPOC voices and building the BIPOC voices already on our list.
- You Don't Know Us Negroes and Other Essays
Agent: Joy Harris, The Joy Harris Literary Agency.
- Religion Book Deals: Nov. 24, 2021
Broadleaf Offers ‘Spiritual Refreshment’Senior editor at Broadleaf Adrienne Ingrum took world rights in an un-agented deal to Spiritual Refreshment from Newly Discovered Ancient Christian Texts by Natalie R.
- The Awesome Human Project: Break Free from Daily Burnout, Struggle Less, and Thrive More in Work and Life
Agent: Janis Donnaud, Janis Donnaud & Associate.
- The Joy and Light Bus Company: No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency (22)
Agent: Robin Straus/Robin Straus Agency.
- Facing Up to a Messy World
The press hears from authors and agents that people are feeling inadequate, that “they are just not enough—that they are not getting done what they set out to accomplish and are overworked and overwhelmed,” McGuire says.
- Malinda Lo Wins 2021 National Book Award for Young People's Literature
“Thank you to my agent, Michael Bourret, for seeing the novel in that story and inspiring me to see it, too,” she said.
- Rights Report: Week of November 15, 2021
Stephanie Cohen at Inkyard Press has acquired world and audio rights to the Fateless trilogy by Julie Kagawa, a YA fantasy adventure that follows thieves guild member Sparrow and her comrades as they fight to save their city—and the entire desert empire—from the wrath of the Deathless King.
- When I'm Gone, Look for Me in the East
Agent: Jennifer Lyons, Jennifer Lyons Literary.
- The Family She Never Met
Agent: Michelle Grajkowski 3 Seas Literary.
- Death in Cornwall
Agent: Mark Gottleib, Trident Media.