- The Business of Tomorrow: The Visionary Life of Harry Guggenheim: From Aviation and Rocketry to the Creation of an Art Dynasty
Agent: Leah Spiro, Riverside Creative.
- The Plant Hunter: A Scientist's Quest for Nature's Next Medicines
Agent: Elias Altman, Massie & McQuilkin.
- Dead Silence
Agent: Suzie Townsend, New Leaf Literary.
- Crashing in Love
Agent: Alyssa Eisner Henkin, Trident Media Group.
- The Thirteenth Hour
Agent: John Cusick, Folio Literary.
- New Titles from Self-Publishers: End of August 2021
Booksellers, publishers, librarians, and agents are encouraged to look at the 99 self-published titles below.
- Book Deals: Week of August 30, 2021
The author, who did not use an agent in the deal, is a writer at the Australian newspaper, which, like HC, is owned by News Corp.
- A Season for Second Chances
Agent: Hayley Steed, Madeleine Milburn Literary.
- No Ordinary Christmas
Agent: Jessica Alvarez, BookEnds Literary.
- The Wicked Widow
Agent: Alexandra Machinist, ICM Partners.
- Gwen E. Kirby Makes an Uproarious Literary Debut
And Sewanee was how she met her agent, the Gernert Company’s Sarah Burnes.
- Rights Report: Week of August 23, 2021
Andrew Karre at Dutton has acquired Salt the Water by National Book Award finalist and Printz Honoree Candice Iloh (Every Body Looking).
- Obituary: Lynn C. Franklin
Literary agent, scout, and memoirist Lynn C.
- Religion News Briefs: August 25, 2021
Kathleen Merz, who came to EBYR in 2009, has been promoted to editorial director overseeing development of all titles, including acquisitions as well as author and agent relationships.
- Love, Chai, and Other Four-Letter Words
Agent: Stacey Donaghy, Donaghy Literary Group.