- Frankfurt Book Fair Considers an Early Start for Agents
Stock said the list, which is circulating, is designed to encourage agents to set more meetings at the fairgrounds on Tuesday.The LitAg is open to agents on the Tuesday before the fair, Frankfurt officials say, but agents often take their Tuesday meetings at the Frankfurter Hof,
- Some Agents Wary About Submitting to AOLTWBG
But this situation stands out in a number of ways, agents said.
- WEbook Launches AgentInBox to Connect Authors and Agents Online
An agent’s profile, Khazaei noted, includes his or her name, but not their contact information; agents are given the contact information of authors who are submitting.
- Literary Agents Address Children's Book Writers and Illustrators
And many of the agents agreed: while some agents may dislike requests for response, if it’s been a while since you’ve heard back from a submission, it’s worth gently checking back in.
- The Publishing Game: Find an Agent in 30 Days
Reiss's advice is wholly pragmatic, whether it's how to create a marketing plan to convince an agent that your book will sell or "good places to cruise" to meet agents in person.
- Soapbox: Supporting Children's Editors and Agents in the Effort to Diversify
Suddenly agents were in demand.Since then, the number of children’s agents has seemed to increase every year.
- Author and Agent: Eudora Welty and Diarmuid Russell
From his first letter to Welty in 1940 (``an agent is rather a benevolent parasite because authors as a rule make more when they have an agent than they do without one''), agent Russell of Russell and Volkening kept up a dedicated correspondence of more than 30 years
- A Life in Secrets: Vera Atkins and the Missing Agents of WWII
Atkins sent 400 agents into France, including 39 women she'd personally recruited and supervised.
- New Opportunities for Agents and Authors in Today’s Publishing
I often find that authors still value agents.”
- License to Deal: A Season on the Run with a Maverick Baseball Agent
Agent, David Black.
- Ghost: My Thirty Years As an FBI Undercover Agent
McCowan became one of the rare special agents trained to work undercover and given multiple assignments.
- Agents of Influence: The British Plot to Change America's Mind
Hemming (Agent M) delivers a lucid, fast-paced account of England’s secret scheme to draw America into WWII.
- Protecting the President: The Inside Story of a Secret Service Agent
McCarthy is the Secret Service agent who wrestled John Hinckley to the ground after the would-be assassin shot President Reagan, and that incident is the centerpiece of this book.
- Four Questions for...Literary Agent and Actor Edward Hibbert
Agenting began in 1988.
- Italian Literary Agents Form Trade Association
A group of 37 Italian literary agencies have formed ADALI, the Association of Italian Literary Agents.