- Bunk Reads: Promoting Book Discovery at Summer Camp
Last summer, when Kirsten Cappy, founder of the marketing firm Curious City in Portland, Maine, was working with Ammi-Joan Paquette, author of Princess Juniper of the Hourglass (Philomel) and a literary agent, Cappy wished that she could get the book into every summer camp.After brainst
- International Hot Book Properties, Week of March 21, 2016
The first name of Salomonsson agent Julia Angelin was also misspelled.
- Frankfurt’s Next Act
In 2015, Frankfurt’s Literary Agents & Scouts Centre (LitAg) will again offer a record number of tables, featuring more than 300 agencies and more than 600 registered agents from more than 30 countries.
The Real Daltrey Stateside agent-to-the-stars Dan Strone of Trident Media Group is selling Who Me?
- An International View of the Frankfurt Book Fair
Going into the all-digital Frankfurt Book Fair, which concluded October 17, one question was whether literary agents would adapt to using the new Frankfurt Rights platform.
- Deals: Week of 2/28/2011
Adlon did not have an agent on the deal.
- This Week in Children's Apps: March 29, 2012
Secret Agent Splat's Mission brings the bestselling series to tablets with three interactive games.
- Penguin Revamps Book Country, Adds Services, Reduces Cost to Authors
Many Book Country members workshopped their books on the site and then went on to other services or found agents.
- Book Deals: Week of June 17, 2013
Agent Katherine Flynn at Kneerim, Williams & Bloom handled the sale, and the book is scheduled for 2014.
- Book Deals: Week of April 21, 2014
Disabato, who did not use an agent, has contributed to the Millions and the Rumpus, and writes for the N.Y.
- Green Writers Press Takes Local Approach
Despite the progress, Cummings hasn’t quit her day job as an agent.
- A Debut Novel’s Long Road to Publication: Mary Miller
“Big World made it easier to get an agent,” Miller said.
- Book Deals: Week of February 10, 2014
Agent Terra Chalberg, at Chalberg & Sussman, represented the author.
- Book Deals: Week of December 9, 2013
Agent Steven Chudney at the Chudney Agency represented Sommers, and called Truest a novel of “summer love, smalltown secrets, and the darker side of philosophy.”
- Light Traffic but Upbeat Attitudes at Licensing Expo
It recently assigned The Joester Loria Group as its U.S. agent.