- Nelson Files Suit Against Former Publisher
The publishing house also alleges that Zettersten made derogatory comments to an agent about Nelson signing author Ted Dekker, saying that Nelson was not committed to developing new authors.
- New Auel Novel to Get World Send-off
Those publishers have already paid the Jean Naggar Agency, Auel's agent, a total approaching $8 million for translation rights, believed to be a record for a fiction work over so short a time.
- PW: Black Christian Fiction from Warner, Walk Worthy Press
Walk Worthy will launch the first of three black Christian novels this June.Stinson is an African-American agent who has represented such bestselling African-American authors as T.D.
- Americans Jittery About London Book Fair
The London Book Fair is proving a test of will for many of the agents and scouts who see the show as central to their business.
- London Book Fair 2017 Preview
And, once again, a strong slate of talks for those interested in self-publishing is set for the Author HQ; there will be a comprehensive academic and scholarly publishing program; and of course, agents and publishers will be on hand to buy and sell foreign rights in the International Ri
- Author Jennifer Armentrout Wants to Help Aspiring Writers
They bring out a substantial amount of authors and agents and editors.
- New York Rights Fair, BookExpo Sign Partnership Agreement
The first fair was held at the Metropolitan Pavilion, near BookExpo’s home at New York City’s Javits Center, and attracted exhibitors and agents from 19 countries, as well as approximately 3,000 visitors, including those who came from BookExpo.
- A 21st-century Spy
After five crime novels set in a fictional Eastern European country during the Cold War, Olen Steinhauer examines the toll working for the CIA takes on one agent in a contemporary spy thriller, The Tourist (Reviews, Dec. 15).What drew you to the spy thriller?
- Mystery Notes
Agent, Nancy Yost .
- Gendell Files Counterclaim Against McGuigan in Foundry Dispute
Gendell's suit states that in point of fact, "Foundry had more than enough funds to pay authors and agents."
- PW Talks with T.J. Newman: Nightmare at 35,000 Feet
I’d register it and allow it, and then I’d scratch that agent’s name off the list, pick myself up, and move on.
- Subversive Thrills: PW talks with Aya de León
Twelve years ago, I went to one of these conferences with literary agents and I pitched it.
- Book Deals: Week of May 12, 2014
Agent Nicolas Grivel brokered the deal on behalf of the German publisher, Avant Verlag.
- Book Deals: Week of January 5, 2015
Dunham’s The Low Glycal Diet, from agent Linda Konner at Linda Konner Literary.
- Little Critter Expands E-Book Presence
He notes that many licensees and agents have approached him over the years, but nothing came of it.