- Lessons Learned from a Unique Publishing Journey
Sometime during the weeks that followed, while I waited to receive an editorial letter, my agent called me unexpectedly.
- Taking a Punt on a New Name
These days when Shelley talks to agents, it's either about a very big project - or a very small project.
- Namelos Editions to Publish Electronic and POD Books
(Industrywide, agents typically get 15 percent of everything.)
- Q & A with Margaret Peterson Haddix
She became my first agent.
- FRANKFURT '99: Reports From the Floor
(In any case, it was mentioned that agent John Brockman d s in fact make sales using the Net.)
- Ghostwriters Come Out of the Shadows
“I love ghostwriters,” said Anthony Mattero, an agent at CAA.
- Kids Getting Real
Goodman secured it from agent Christopher Schelling of Selectric Artists.
- Marilyn Marlow Remembered
She was so much more than just an agent.
- Outlook '99: Will it Play in Paris?
But for the splitting of commissions with those agents, the return would be even greater.
- Frankfurt Rides Again (Despite Everything)
"We knew in advance that the location of the place was ridiculous," one experienced agent confided.
- Frankfurt Ups and Downs
PW tracked the project to new Paris agent-packager Susanna Lea, who was promoting it worldwide.
- PW Select: Self-Publishing Payoffs
His first book received rejections from more than 60 publishers, agents, and editors.
- London Book Fair 2017: A Few Novels Gain Buzz Amid Restrained Deal-Making
(Agent Robert Caskie, at Caskie Mushens, represents the author.)
- Run Rabbit Run
In the summer of 2016, I began working with an agent at Writers House.
- Are Self-Published Authors Still Indie Authors?
Without an agent, it was difficult to get the backing of a publisher, and without a publisher it was nearly impossible to get books into physical bookstores, where most readers discovered and purchased books.