- Obituary: British Agent Carole Blake
She was president of the Association of Authors' Agents, instigating an overhaul of publishers' often baffling royalty statements; she was the second female chair of the Society of Bookmen (established in 1921, and now the Book Society); she was chairman of BTBS, the Book Trade Charit
- A Virtual Bologna: One Agent's Experience
Zacker is co-owner of and agent at Gallt and Zacker Literary Agency.Not going to Bologna was unthinkable.
- Bologna Briefcase: What the Agents Are Bringing
We asked some American agents to tell us about two projects they have high hopes for.
- Publishing in Russia 2012: The Agents’ Dozen
His seven other novels include “Great Dream,” “All That Glitters,” “Chlorophilia,” and “Psycho Agent” (2011 National Bestseller Prize finalist).
- Tony Blair Hires Agent Barnett
Former British prime minister Tony Blair is on the hunt for a publisher.
- Jonathan Matson, Agent, Dies at 67
Jonathan Matson, president of the Harold Matson Company literary agency in New York, died on January 31 of heart failure.
- What American Agents Will Be Selling at the Fair
Aevitas Creative Management2030 AD: Thriving After the End of the World as We Know It by Mauro GuillenU.S. publisher: St.
- New London Base for U.S. Agent
Elizabeth Sheinkman at the Elaine Markson agency recently set up a branch office in London (see our British report) and has already begun making deals for U.S. properties with U.K. publishers.
- Frankfurt Book Fair Considers an Early Start for Agents
Stock said the list, which is circulating, is designed to encourage agents to set more meetings at the fairgrounds on Tuesday.The LitAg is open to agents on the Tuesday before the fair, Frankfurt officials say, but agents often take their Tuesday meetings at the Frankfurter Hof,
- Some Agents Wary About Submitting to AOLTWBG
But this situation stands out in a number of ways, agents said.
- WEbook Launches AgentInBox to Connect Authors and Agents Online
An agent’s profile, Khazaei noted, includes his or her name, but not their contact information; agents are given the contact information of authors who are submitting.
- Literary Agents Address Children's Book Writers and Illustrators
And many of the agents agreed: while some agents may dislike requests for response, if it’s been a while since you’ve heard back from a submission, it’s worth gently checking back in.
- Soapbox: Supporting Children's Editors and Agents in the Effort to Diversify
Suddenly agents were in demand.Since then, the number of children’s agents has seemed to increase every year.
- New Opportunities for Agents and Authors in Today’s Publishing
I often find that authors still value agents.”
- Four Questions for...Literary Agent and Actor Edward Hibbert
Agenting began in 1988.