- Q & A with Erin McCahan
I sold my first YA book with an agent, though that agent is no longer in the field.
- Hot Deals
Agent for both books was Charlotte Sheedy.
- Four Questions for Brenda Bowen
But I found that I had a lot to learn in order to be a good agent.
- Middle Ground Book Fest: A Panel on the Post-2020 Middle Grade Landscape
Johnson described agenting as being the middleman between the writer and editor.
- Book Deals: Week of October 13, 2014
The book will, according to the agent, help parents raise readers through hands-on activities.
- Authors Guild Unveils New Model Trade Book Contract
“While it’s unlikely you or your agent will be able to convince some publishers to remove such a clause from the contract completely, we suggest some language and provisions that would reduce the risk of a publisher exercising it without true cause.”In developing the new contract, the Guild receive
- Industry Veterans Form A New Christian Fiction Publishing House
Balow was head of marketing for the Left Behind series for Tyndale and, for the last three years, a literary agent with The Steve Laube Agency.
- Mystery Notes
Agent, James Vines.
- ECPA Conference Focuses on International Rights
Forty publishing houses from 17 states were represented, with 152 participants, including 25 foreign rights agents.
- PW: FTC Clears Bertelsmann Purchase of Random House
Bertelsmann spokesperson Stuart Applebaum said that with the acquisition approved, the company is looking forward to working with all authors and agents.
Morgan Chase, and came to the attention of agent DavidKuhn through a blog he wrote about his life there.
- BEHIND THE BOOK: A New `Code'
"We have no desire to compete with agents," said Hilsinger.
- Short Takes
., Canada, open market) with agent Nancy Yost at Barbara Lowenstein Associates for two more....
- Religion Book Deals: March 24, 2021
Agent Christy Fletcher at Fletcher and Co., brought world rights from Convergent editorial Keren Baltzer.
- Deals: Week of September 10, 2012
Agent Monika Verma at Levine Greenberg Literary brokered the deal, and the book is slated for February 2014.