- Religion Book Deals: March 13, 2019
The book, which is slated for publication in fall 2020, provides parents with answers intended to “deepen knowledge and understanding” about God, the Bible, and more, according to the agent.
- Trends to Watch for at Bologna 2019
This opens up opportunities for rights agents in the U.S., since, with no one big trend, we can cater our list to fit exactly with what each foreign market is looking for.
- Mary Beth Keane's New Novel Paints a Portrait of the Irish
I can’t help but notice that everyone connected with Mary Beth Keane’s new novel—the author herself, her agent, her editor, and her publisher—has Irish ancestry.
- London Book Fair 2019: A New Regime in Mexico
Book professionals, such as publishers, booksellers, agents, librarians and reading promoters, share the fair with hundreds of writers and thousands of readers.
- London Book Fair 2019: Four Questions for...Richard Charkin
Well, first of all, I'm very limited in what I can publish because my terms are not attractive to literary agents: I will not pay advances.
- Bethany Buck Launches Children's Imprint at Trustbridge
She also worked as a literary agent at Sanford J.
- Brown, Black and White in America: PW Talks with Mira Jacob
I’ve always drawn, and my agent knows this because when I turn in manuscripts, I have drawings in the mix.
- Rights Report: Week of March 4, 2019
David Linker at HarperCollins has acquired in a preempt literary agent John Cusick's debut middle grade novel, Dimension Why: How to Save the Universe Without Really Trying.
- Schrank Makes Shifts at Holt
She is well respected by the agent community and she has shown herself to be a decisive and generous team player."
- Photo Diary: Children's Authors Visit Israel with PJ Library
Notably, and unusually, this particular flock of children’s authors didn’t talk of agents or manuscripts or book deals or reviews.
- London Briefcase 2019: What U.S. Agencies Will Be Selling at the London Book Fair
Martin’s, Aug.When Manhattan is buried by a blizzard, university professor, and former FBI agent, Dr.
- London Book Fair 2019: Keeping the Momentum Going
And check out PW’s roundup for a glimpse at some of the big properties U.S. agents will be selling at the fair.London Briefcase 2019: What U.S.
- Book Deals: Week of March 4, 2019
The agent described James’s memoir as “Educated meets Sweetbitter” and said it is about “a young woman breaking free from an abusive and traumatic childhood and into the glamorous but notoriously toxic restaurant industry.”
- Opening the Box: PW Talks with Josh Malerman
My agent called to talk about other things and while we were on the phone, she received an email notification that the book made the list.
- On Dogs & the Unique Hell of Writing Novels
Agents, that’s who.