- Frankfurt Book Fair 2018 Preview
And this year, the LitAg, where agents and scouts conduct their business, will once again grow, featuring 528 tables, up from 500 last year, with 358 agencies from around the world.
- New Titles from Self-Publishers: September 2018
Booksellers, publishers, librarians, and agents are encouraged to look at the 87 self-published titles below.
- Postwar Trauma: PW Talks with Anna Lee Huber
I was contemplating the nature of marriage during wartime, and the secrets we sometimes keep from those we love the most, when I stumbled upon the idea of making my heroine a Secret Service agent.
- Chad Post’s Open Letter Books Turns 10
Among those are translators, such as NEA fellowship recipient Will Vanderhyden; agents, such as Allie Levick, an assistant at Writers House Literary Agency; and editors, such as Kaija Straumanis, Open Letter’s editorial director.When asked to reflect on what winning the prize meant to him,
- International Hot Book Properties, Week of Monday, September 24, 2018
Oslo Literary Agency controls all rights to the book--Aschehoug Forlag in Norway is the originating publisher--which follows two parallel storylines, one about a Norwegian who became a Nazi double agent, and another about a Jewish family.
- Who Was William Cooper? The Man Behind One of the Most Controversial Books of Our Time
It takes balls to stand before a crowd night after night hawking fifth generation dupes of the Zapruder film, claiming the washed out images proved JFK was killed by the Secret Service agent driving the Presidential limousine, but Cooper did it for years.
- Simon Pulse Acquires YA Novel Inspired by 'Black Panther'
Realizing that her tale resonated with the publishing industry’s gatekeepers, she then decided to query in the traditional way her “dream list” of a handful of agents, including Robinson, whom she selected out of the several agents who responded to her query with offers to represent her.
- Third ‘Rebel Girls’ Book to Launch Today
“If Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls inspired the girls in your life through the daring deeds of many incredible women, I Am a Rebel Girl will help them train their rebel spirit, embrace their own potential with joy and determination and be agents of changes,” said chief creative officer
- Latinxs in Kid Lit Auction to Benefit Hurricane Maria Victims
To date, 26 authors and illustrators and two agents have committed to participate in the event, which will begin on September 20 and run for one week.
- Canadian Publishing 2018: A Strange Light Shines in Canada
Since announcing our initial slate of books and authors—form-blurring fiction by Max Porter, Sara Peters, and Amina Cain, and experimental memoir and nonfiction by Carmen Maria Machado, Anshuman Iddamsetty, and Madhur Anand—we’ve had an extremely heartening response from agents and others in the industry
- Canadian Publishing 2018: 25 Years of the Scotiabank Giller Prize
Giller glitter is as far reaching in the Canadian literary community as celestial dust, with publishers, editors, agents, and booksellers benefiting alongside the nominated authors.
- Living in Bob’s World: PW Talks with Mike Lupica
I was talking to my agent, Esther Newberg, last summer.
- Canadian Publishing 2018: Canada Prepares for Frankfurt 2020
What’s more, it gives us a chance to highlight some of today’s luminaries and introduce them to the world.In the past two years, Canada FBM2020 has focused on identifying and delivering professional development and networking opportunities, as well as strengthening resources for building business opportunities for
- Canadian Publishing 2018: Annick Press Is Going Global
We’ve recently sold 10 licenses into that country with the assistance of our Turkish agent.
- An Ever-Growing Demand for Middle Grade Graphic Novels
“It’s hard to go the traditional publishing route—getting an agent, having them pitch major publishers—and webcomics and minicomics are a way to get your work in front of an audience,” says Andrea Colvin, v-p and editor-in-chief of Lion Forge Comics.