- Obituary: Kaylee N. Davis
Davis also worked as a literary agent at Screenland Literary Associates and cultivated her own business as a freelance publishing consultant.
- Medallion Press Files for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
The technology, however, never gained much traction in the market.Since word of the bankruptcy started to spread, agents have been working to retrieve the publishing rights of their authors from the company.
- S&S Launches New Imprint, Avid Reader Press
Shapiro, Razzle Dazzle by Michael Riedel, and Money: Master the Game by Tony Robbins.Elaborating on what the industry can expect from Avid Reader, S&S said the imprint will pay "especially vigorous attention to marketing and publicity, and collaboration with authors and agents."
- Book Deals: Week of October 29, 2018
The ICM Partners agent, who sold both memoirs, has a personal connection to both authors: the father-son pair of David and Nic Sheff.
- Writing out of Poverty: PW Talks with Stephanie Land
My agent, Jeff Kleinman, read it and sent me an email asking if I had a book in the works.
- Sohaila Abdulali Tells Stories of Survivors
She was less responsive to agents who called suggesting that she write a memoir.
- CBC Presents Inaugural Diversity Awards
Winners also included literary agent at Gallt & Zacker Literary Beth Phelan, for her work reaching out to diverse authors and launching #DVPit, a Twitter pitch event for marginalized authors and books with minority characters; Crown Books for Young Readers v-p and co-publisher Phoebe Yeh, f
- Licensing Hotline: October 25, 2018
Candlewick Connects with ‘Dot.’Candlewick Entertainment has secured world English rights for tie-ins based on the Jim Henson Company-licensed TV series Dot., which airs on Universal Kids and Hulu in the U.S.
- Book Deals: Week of October 22, 2018
\tThe true crime book Hitman: The Art of Evil by journalist Andrea Galli, sold at auction to Rizzoli in Italy, in a deal handled by originating agent Vicki Satlow.
- PW Online and On-Air: Week of October 22, 2018
Bestselling author Rainbow Rowell helped mobilize about 20 friends and fellow writers, including Tomi Adeyemi, Melissa de la Cruz, Margaret Stohl, and Sabaa Tahir.BookLife ReportThe number of self-published titles cracked one million in 2017.PodcastsWeek AheadPW senior writer Andrew Albanese reports on the latest
- New Titles from Self-Publishers: October 2018
Amazon Digital Services. $2.99 e-book, ASIN B078P9TX6GAmazonFBI agent James St
- Fall 2018 YA Spotlight: Teen Lit Reflects Wider World
What Jessica Regel, an agent with Foundry Literary + Media, has been hearing from a lot of editors is that they could really use a laugh.
- Tor Teen Marks 15-Year Milestone
September releases included Echo Room by Parker Peevyhouse, a psychological thriller starring two teens stuck in a time loop; and Dare You to Lie by Amber Lynn Natusch, in which a teen previously involved in a scandal is determined to clear the name of her FBI agent father, who’s framed
- Licensing Hotline: October 2018
“The book is organized so it feels like inside tips that only agents would have, and it extends the experience of being an agent.”
- Religion Publishing Industry Responds to Sexual Harassment Revelations
What about the agent?