- Sexual Harassment Uncovered at Christian Writing Conferences
The attack ended when she honked the horn, and then he blamed her for “wearing a pretty dress.”Hensley was contacted by PW and, on the advice of counsel, chose not to respond to any questions.Writers conferences and email exchanges were the venue for several women’s allegations of harassment by
- Joseph Olshan's New Novel Rides the Winds of Cultural Change
“Every agent has his or her contacts.
- New Titles from Self-Publishers: August 2018
Booksellers, publishers, librarians, and agents are encouraged to look at the 81 self-published titles below.
- The Soda Goes Pop In This New Novel
“We suspected an auction when the agent phone calls started,” she says.
- Book Deals: Week of August 27, 2018
Keller, who previously worked at the New York Times as a columnist and then executive editor, did not use an agent in the deal.For more children’s and YA book deals, see our latest Rights Report.Correction: An earlier version of this article misspelled the name of Andrea Tompa at Candle
- Culinary Pairings: Cookbooks Fall 2018
“I like working with people I would like to hang out with, cook with, and talk to,” she adds.Sussman was introduced to Teigen and her husband, singer John Legend, through literary agent Andy McNicol, who’d admired Sussman’s work on the proposal for Candace Nelson’s 2016 cookbook, The
- In Conversation: Jessie Sima and Christian Trimmer
My agent, Thao Le, had recently sent my first book, Not Quite Narwhal, out on submission.
- Literary Agent Joseph Vallely Dies at 74
As an agent, his clients included Peter Schweizer, Bill Gertz, Stanley Newman, Scott A.
- Book Deals: Week of August 20, 2018
The series, Merbeth’s agent, Emmanuelle Morgen at Stonesong, said, is about “following a family of interplanetary smugglers” in which “a young woman must assume leadership of the family’s black-market business dealings after her mother, the matriarch, steps down, only to find that she has inher
- Authors Crowdfund Online YA Anthology Project
“I know people who got their agents this way, and even had a couple agents reach out to me based on a short story they found,” she recalled.
- Turkish Agent Issues Warning, Requests Patience
“As sub agents, we represent your titles and do our best to sell your books' rights and protect you and your authors' benefits, but at the same time we have to stand with Turkish publishers.”
- 2018 PW Star Watch Top Honorees Announced
This year's PW Star Watch honorees are: \tPatrice Caldwell, Associate Editor, Disney-Hyperion \tMieke Chew, Publicity Director, New Directions Publishing \tPreeti Chhibber, Assistant Director, Scholastic \tRakia Clark, Senior Editor, Beacon
- Something Fresh and New: PW Talks with Shelley Shepard Gray
After I got maybe 100 pages in, I went ahead and wrote my agent, Nicole, and said, “I think I have something here.
- Sensitivity Readers! What Are They Good For? (A Lot.)
It’s as if some authors care more about getting poisons right than representing black characters.As a straight white male who’s spent the past four years writing a queer love story, I’ve used nearly a dozen sensitivity readers so far, and I will no doubt use several more once my agent and
- Chigozie Obioma's Magical African Mystery Tour
“There is a system of corruption with agents, middlemen, known in Nigeria as ‘who you sabi .’