- Book Deals: Week of June 25, 2018
Goldberg did not use an agent in the deal.For more children’s and YA book deals, see our latest Rights Report.
- Book Deals: Week of June 18, 2018
Klune’s agent, Deidre Knight at the Deidre Knight Agency, said the queer contemporary fantasy follows “a by-the-books case worker in the Department in Charge of Magical Youth, who’s sent to investigate the caretaker of six children who are unlike anything the world has ever seen.”Porter, Wilcox
- What Would Beyoncé Do? Michael Arceneaux's Asking.
Blige, Janet Jackson, Madonna, and T-Boz: each in some way provided affirming imagery, especially about sex and relationships, that he found very impactful as he got older.After completing the book in 2011, Arceneaux began the long search for an agent.
- The On-Sale Calendar: October 2018
Martin’s Press, $28.99; ISBN 978-1-250-13771-5).Ghost: My Thirty Years as an FBI Undercover Agent by Michael R.
- In Conversation: Brodi Ashton, Cynthia Hand, and Jodi Meadows
Then Cynthia asked if I wanted to write the book with them, and I was so happy to be included I didn’t bother to ask what the book was about until I’d already told my agent and a whole hour had passed.
- Mirrors and Windows: Romance Publishing 2018
Smith, an agent with the L.
- New York Rights Fair, BookExpo Sign Partnership Agreement
The first fair was held at the Metropolitan Pavilion, near BookExpo’s home at New York City’s Javits Center, and attracted exhibitors and agents from 19 countries, as well as approximately 3,000 visitors, including those who came from BookExpo.
- Book Deals: Week of June 11, 2018
The authors, who wrote the bestseller How to Be a Parisian Wherever You Are, were represented by agent Susanna Lea, who has an eponymous shingle.
- Rallying Cry: Romance Publishing 2018
Going forward we will include our Rita-nominated authors at the RWA signing.”Milan and Bourne also declined to be interviewed, but PW spoke with many authors, editors, publishers, agents, and others about romance publishing’s lack of diversity, how to address the resulting discrimination faced by
- Writers Champion Godine’s Re-Launch of Andre Dubus
“The time is perfect, given all these writer’s writers having moments,” he told Godine, who agreed.Godine first read Dubus in 1974, when agent Phillip Spitzer handed him a copy of Separate Flights in a brown paper bag over lunch in New York City.
- Countermeasure for Countermeasure: PW Talks with Benet Brandreth
Young Shakespeare becomes a spy in British rhetoric coach Brandreth’s first novel, The Spy of Venice (Pegasus Crime, July).What led you to imagine Shakespeare as an espionage agent?
- NYRF Panel Helps Children's Authors and Agents Navigate New Hollywood
In this booming marketplace, agents are wary, and are working hard to protect sub rights related to a literary property.
- BookExpo 2018: WNDB Panel Looks to 'Diversity 2.0'
I want them to think.”In addition to her role as an agent, Phelan is the founder of #DVpit, a Twitter pitch event geared toward connecting emerging authors of traditionally marginalized backgrounds with agents.
- New York Rights Fair Maps a Booming Marketplace
“It’s an exciting place to be right now.”The scouts and agents also discussed how the rise of TV and episodic streaming adaptations has supercharged the rights marketplace.
- Children's Institute 2018: PW Talks with Lizzy Mason
I started writing the book in April 2015 and signed with my agent, Stephen Barbara, the following spring.