- Bologna 2018: Middle Grade, Inspiring Women, and Unicorns
She said, “I got to see firsthand the truth of what one agent told me, that publishers are attracted by ‘bling.’
- The 6 Most Versatile Words in the English Language
Burrows crafts tense postapocalyptic scenarios, moody noir, fantasy, erotic science fiction, and “the double life of a freelance secret agent.”
- Bologna 2018: Photos from the Fair
Dealmakers and scouts gathered at the Literary Agents Center to talk international trends.
- Children's Job Moves: March 2018
Previously she was assistant editor at Disney Publishing Worldwide.Becca Stumpf, formerly an agent at Prospect Agency, is launching Becca Stumpf Editorial, offering editing and copywriting services for authors, agents, and publishers.
- Canongate Ups Its U.S. Presence
Out this week, the book (which received a starred PW review) is Holloway’s reflection on what he has learned comforting countless people in their dying days.At present, Byng has no plans to acquire books exclusively for the American market, and he stressed that Canongate will still buy books fro
- On Cowardice in Publishing
At the advice of agents and editors, I published parts of my story in Salon, the Huffington Post, and Glamour.
- Open Book: When a Stranger Calls
—the Beverly Hills Hotel: “My agent is 35 years old, wears a $5,000 suit and a $50,000 Rolex.
- The William W. Johnstone Legacy Lives On
Johnstone, with the help of the Johnstones' longtime editorial director, Gary Goldstein, and agent, Robin Rue, keeps the family legacy going.
- Rights Report: Week of March 26, 2018
Jenny Bak at Little, Brown/Jimmy Patterson has acquired Derek Milman’s Night Flight, a comedic thriller about a gay teen who gets caught up in a case of mistaken identity and is forced to go on the run from murderous cyber-terrorists and government agents, not knowing who he can trust
- Postcards from Kid Lit Marches for Kids
In her estimation, roughly 75 people, consisting of authors, agents, editors, publicists, and librarians, marched with the group.
- Hillary Chute, Ed Park Named ‘NYT’ Graphic Novel Columnists
The NYT’s new comics and graphic novel column will begin in AprilThe appointment comes in the wake of the New York Times shutting down its graphic novel bestseller list more than a year ago, as well as a recent appeal by literary agent Charlie Olsen to the Times to restore the graphic novel
- Bologna 2018: Middle Grade Fiction and Diverse Titles Remain Hot
The surge in content featuring Stranger Things-esque elements was something agent Fiona Kenshole at the Canada-based Transatlantic Literary Agency was also noticing.
- Bologna Welcomes Two New Fellows
This year’s fellows are Benas Berantas, a literary agent from Vilnius, Lithuania, and Crenguta Mihaila Podolan, an assistant rights manager with Editura Rao in Bucharest, Romania.As part of the program, the fellows visited the publishing houses Franco Cosimo Panini in Modena and Corraini Edizione i
- Religion Book Deals: March 2018
No agent was involved.
- When Reality Overtakes Fiction: Brian Freeman
(Hint hint, film agents.)