- New Titles from Self-Publishers: March 2018
Booksellers, publishers, librarians, and agents are encouraged to look at the 72 self-published titles below.
- London Briefcase 2018: What U.S. Agencies Will Be Selling at the London Book Fair
This year American agents will be carrying bags filled with literary debuts as well as works by bestselling authors.
- Crime Fiction in Translation: Mysteries & Thrillers 2018
Penguin senior editor Lindsey Schwoeri says she was drawn to the novel in part because of its “unreliable male narrator,” in contrast with the unreliable female narrators of many thrillers, “and that it focused on a twisted relationship between a mother and son, a dynamic explored less often in the
- Ask the Editor: First Chapters
Even when they get a manuscript from a top literary agent, if the book doesn’t grab them, they’ll reject it.What’s the lesson here?
- A Left Turn for Religous Publishers
The era of Donald Trump has shaken the country and revived activism on the left on a scale not seen since the 1960s.
- Reading is a Spiritual Act, Publishers Say
As readers find the good life presented through great books they discover these agents as allies for cultivating knowledge of and desire for the common good.
- Q & A with Erin Entrada Kelly
I write a summary of the book and a query letter as if to an agent, even though I already have a great agent (Sara Crowe].
- Apple iBooks Category Bestsellers, March 18, 2018
Agent in Place by Mark Greaney - 9780451488923 - (Penguin Publishing Group) 17.
- Animal Internet Celebrities Hit the Books
Esther the Wonder Pig In 2012, Steve Jenkins was working as a real estate agent and living with his partner Derek Walter (a professional magician) in a bungalow in Georgetown, Ontario.
- Feminist Presses Are Seizing the Moment
Though much of this has to do with a new sales force, Mazer believes that the aftermath of the 2016 election and the current attention to women’s issues is having an impact and will continue to do so.Reporting that its current bestseller is So You Want to Talk About Race, Mazer said that
- A Memorable (and Fuzzy) Encounter with Mickey Spillane
I called a travel agent but didn’t explain exactly where I wanted to end up, so instead of nearby Myrtle Beach airport, I flew into Charleston, 90 miles away.
- Basketball Superstar Elena Delle Donne Has Much to Say About Youth Sports
“I always wanted to get back into the school system, to share my story with young adults and help them through things they were going through, so I told my agent and she put some feelers out to see if there was any interest,” Delle Donne said.
- 'Things We Haven’t Said' Raises Awareness of Sexual Abuse
And she soon resolved to create one.After landing a contract with Zest, negotiated by her agent, Ammi-Joan Paquette at the Erin Murphy Literary Agency, she faced the challenge of finding sexual abuse survivors willing to share their stories.
- Apple iBooks Category Bestsellers, March 11, 2018
Agent in Place by Mark Greaney - 9780451488923 - (Penguin Publishing Group) 11.
- AWP 18: Palm Trees and Bay Walks, Compassion and Identity
Then I have a great group of readers, then my agent and my editor.”