- Diversity’s Bottom Line
A panel of editors and agents took on the finances behind publishing’s diversity problems in a discussion hosted by the Independent Book Publishers Association yesterday.
- BookExpo 2018: What's Happening on the Children’s Front
Sharing their perspectives are agents Marietta B.
- What Evil Lurks in the Hearts of... Women? Author Samantha Downing Knows.
“The coffee turned into wine, and all the agents adored her,” Poelle says.
- How to Network Better by Saying Less
The writer’s response wasn’t bad: it was essentially the meaty hook that would be appropriate in a query letter to an agent or editor.
- New Titles from Self-Publishers: May 2018
Booksellers, publishers, librarians, and agents are encouraged to look at the 100 self-published titles below.
- Adapting Kids' Books for Screens: A Global Kids Connect Session at New York Rights Fair 2018
For publishers, agents, rights professionals, and editors, the event offers a valuable chance to learn how Hollywood executives look at books, how characters are evaluated for their screen potential, how the entertainment industry is evolving, and how the publishing and Hollywood industries might work
- Obituary: Richard Peck
Peck to me,” said literary agent Nancy Gallt, who was one of Peck’s students at Hunter College High School.
- Licensing Expo 2018: Publishers Look to Product Extensions to Attract More Readers
MerryMakers, agent for Pete the Cat, Little Elliot, and Biscuit, is newly representing Drew Daywalt and Oliver Jeffers’ Crayons series, while The Buffalo Works introduced a licensing program for Fox Chapel’s new Bigfoot series by D.L.
- Book Deals: Week of May 21, 2018
., Canadian, and open market rights to the book from ICM agents Sloan Harris and Dan Kirschen.
- Global Kids Connect at New York Rights Fair 2018: Four Questions with Eddie Gamarra
What I tell authors, agents, editors, subsidiary rights professionals, literary agents, and all my publishing friends, is that the Hollywood way is all-inclusive.
- Tom Wolfe Dies at 87
He was 88.Wolfe, whose passing was confirmed to the New York Times by his literary agent, Lynn Nesbit, was known for being one of the leading voices of the "New Journalism" movement, which he, along with such fellow highly-stylized reporters as Hunter S.
- New York Rights Fair Announces Innovator Sessions
Krista Rafanello, senior marketing director of Publishers Weekly and show manager for the New York Rights Fair, added: “The New York Rights Fair is pleased to be the new leader in exploring and facilitating rights and licensing in the publishing industry for agents and rights professionals from around
- Want to Succeed at Self-Publishing? Begin Marketing Early: Tips from an Indie Author
Though she had offers from agents to shop The Renegade Queen to traditional publishing houses, Eva Flynn decided to self-publish her historical novel about women’s rights champion Victoria Woodhull.Her reason?
- Book Deals: Week of May 14, 2018
Additionally, Jill Marr is the agent who sold that book, not Sandra Dijkstra.
- Anne Leigh Parrish: The Redemption of the Road
"The journey is an agent of change.