- PW Online and On Air: Week of November 20, 2017
Last Week’s Top ReviewsThe most-read reviews on publishersweekly.com last week were...The Future Is History: How Totalitarianism Reclaimed RussiaThe Recovering: Intoxication and Its AftermathArtemisBefore We Were YoursMother to Mother CLFrom the NewslettersTip SheetCaroline Fraser, author of Prairie Fires: The American
- Mysteries Without Borders: Mysteries and Thrillers 2017–2018
., publisher Francois von Hurter oversees a team of three, who find new works by scouring French and German newspapers, reaching out to a network of translators, and working with agents in London.
- 10 Things You Probably Didn't Know About Laura Ingalls Wilder
In her later years, Rose Wilder Lane met a teenaged boy, Roger Lea MacBride, who would become her lawyer, literary agent, and “adopted grandson.”
- Robin Benway Wins 2017 NBA for Young People's Literature
First up: her agent, Lisa Grubka at Fletcher + Co.
- 2017 National Book Awards for Young People's Literature in Photos
In her acceptance speech, Benway thanked her agent, her editor, a number of staffers at her publishing house, and members of her family.
- Getting the Green Light: Notes from an SCBWI Agents Panel
He stated, “The goal isn’t to get an agent; it’s to get the right agent.
- Bologna Book Fair Renovations to Force Some Exhibitors to Move
Pasoli emphasized that the renovations will in no way impact the agents and rights center at the fair.
- Book Deals: Week of November 13, 2017
Taylor, who was represented by agent Laura Dail, is editor at large for the Daily Beast.
- In a New Crop of Religious Books, Belief is Unbound
In Trust Women: A Progressive Christian Argument for Reproductive Justice (Beacon, Apr. 2018), Peters mounts a defense of abortion that is based on respecting women as their own moral agents rather than shaming and punishing them.Transcending any one era is Mother of God: The Jewish Roots
- Licensing Hotline: November 2017
I look at it sort of like I’m your travel agent.
- Global Kids Connect 2017: Q & A with Ginger Clark
Ginger Clark has been a literary agent with Curtis Brown, Ltd.
- Children’s Job Moves: October 2017
Molly O’Neill has joined Root Literary; she was most recently an agent with Waxman Leavell Literary Agency.
- A Passion for Words at Vintage Español
“It was an incredible experience to be on the other side of the editorial world, to have an agent’s point of view, to be closer to authors and their needs.”
- Does Anybody Know What a Bestseller Is?
“Even when it comes to ‘national bestseller,’ it seems that we don’t have a consensus ,” said one agent, who asked to remain anonymous.
- Sharjah Draws More Rights Attention
The fair organizers flew in more than 200 rights directors, agents, editors, scouts, and others to the United Arab Emirates for matchmaking and networking sessions.As an incentive to strike deals, the fair offers grant support for translation projects spawned at the event.