- Frankfurt 2017: CEOs Share Views on Internationalization, Digital, and More
“Most agents want to work with the most passionate publisher they can find,” Reidy noted.The questions then shifted to the digital world.
- Frankfurt Book Fair 2017: Park Row Nabs Buzzed-About Thriller
-based agent Madeleine Milburn sold, is being billed by Park Row as one that "transcends" its genre.
- International Hot Book Properties, Week of October 9, 2017
Agent Chris Wellbelove is representing the book, and deals have also been made with Hoffmann und Campe (Germany) and Seix Barral (Spain).
- Frankfurt Book Fair 2017: In Opening Keynote, Andrew Wylie Defends the World
In his opening keynote at the Frankfurt Book Fair’s preconference, The Markets, International literary agent Andrew Wylie offered a strong defense of diversity in literature, and of the importance of international voices, especially in a world that appears to be “broadly reassembling" along nationalist li
- Open Book: Shanghaied in Shanghai
A couple of years later, Clare Alexander had become Paul’s agent, and I told her I would love to see what he would write next.
- Denis Johnson: An Editor’s Love Story
He happened to run into literary agent Nicole Aragi at a Poets & Writers award ceremony at which she was honored.
- Divergent Realities: Science Fiction and Fantasy 2017–2018
The story begins in 1997, when obsessive NCIS agent Shannon Moss is struggling to solve a brutal murder.
- Canadian Publisher Spotlights and Highlights
“As the founder of an eco-publishing company native to a country which is steward to 20% of the planet’s fresh water, I see myself as an agent of change for a cleaner and more sustainable industry,” says founder Karen Lefave.
- Frankfurt Book Fair Forever
I was averaging less than 10 appointments per day with agents and publishers but knew I could do better.
- Frankfurt Book Fair 2017: The Return of the Seven Figure Advance
The two novels that have drawn million-dollar advances were both represented by agents at the Book Group, and both are debuts.
- Children's Job Moves: September 2017
He also held senior positions in sales, marketing, and marketing services at Bantam Doubleday Dell Books for Young Readers and Random House Children's Books.Julie Tibbott has joined Jill Corcoran Literary Agency as an agent.
- Two YA Authors Co-Write Novel, Two Imprints to Co-Publish It
Two YA authors who met-cute via their agent have co-written a novel—in which two boys meet-cute in a New York City post office.
- Rights Report: Week of October 2, 2017
Greenburger Associates sold North American rights on behalf of Demetrios; the contributors were represented by various agents.
- Book Deals: Week of October 2, 2017
Waterhouse CEO David Grishman struck the agreement directly with Payne (who did not use an agent), and also acquired 10 full-length novels.
- Even Great Writers Trip Sometimes
His entourage included his spouse, agent, and editor.