- Open Book: The Magnificent Adrienne Sharp
Nelson, who was then at Oprah magazine, made Little K that month’s lead review.So when literary agent Gail Hochman sent over Sharp’s new book, the story of a young girl growing up in the heyday of old Hollywood and the beginnings of Las Vegas, with movie stars and mobsters and the
- The BookLife Prize: Checking in with Krys Batts
To my great delight, I was contacted by a reputable literary agent, who has now partnered with me to build on the honor of being a finalist.What’s one tip that you have for other indie authors?
- The Mexican-American Book Connection
Schulz noted that, indeed, when literary agents and rights representatives from the U.S. go to FIL, they are often looking to sell rights into Spanish, but they do little purchasing of rights of books to translate into English.Shook pointed out that, although the Mexican government has
- Book Deals: Week of August 7, 2017
Agent Jacques de Spoelberch at JdeS Associates, who brokered the agreement, said the book is the first to explore the 40-plus-year history of the fantasy game.
- Moving On Up: 'One Of Us Is Lying'
I would have done it whether or not I ever sold a book, and I just kept doing it and eventually got to the book that worked.”By January 2016, McManus was ready to send One of Us Is Lying out for query, and literary agent Rosemary Stimola at Stimola Literary Studio (who also
- 36 Questions in 17 Languages (and Counting)
“Vicki is moderately recognized in Canada but not anywhere else,” the agent said.
- New Titles from Self-Publishers: July 2017
Booksellers, publishers, librarians, and agents are encouraged to look at the 132 self-published titles below.
- Indie Author Mark Manson Finds His Niche
And so he signed with the agent Mollie Glick, of Creative Artists Agency.Following his self-publishing success story, Manson found himself in a highly advantageous position.
- The Steady Rise of 'Not Giving a F*ck'
When literary agent Mollie Glick took the book out to publishers, Manson made a point of hyping the “loyal” blog readership he’d cultivated over eight years.
- Weinstein Books Finds a Hit With Children's Series Aimed at Reluctant Readers
This summer the publisher is releasing a new series of chapter books, Secret Agents Jack & Max Stalwart by Elizabeth Singer Hunt.
- The BookLife Prize: Checking in with T.J. Slee
What if your writing wins a prize, what if you get a call from Hollywood, what if you get an agent or publisher on the phone?
- New Kids' and YA Books: Week of July 31, 2017
In this debut novel from literary agent Popovic, which is set in Montenegro, two teenage sisters have supernatural abilities.
- Book Deals: Week of July 24, 2017
Bennett was represented by his sports management company, Independent Sports & Entertainment, while Zirin did not use an agent in the deal.
- Books about the Russian Revolution: War & Military Books 2017–2018
After discovering his grandfather’s work as an agent for the Jewish socialist Bund, Mazower, a Columbia University historian, explored the efforts people later took to hide their involvement in the revolution.
- I'm Writing a Book. Does That Mean I Have to Tweet About It?
Those agents will rue the day.No, they won’t.