- Spring 2017 Flying Starts: Paul Mosier
He queried an agent, Wendy Schmalz, who agreed to represent him if he made a few changes to the manuscript.
- Spring 2017 Flying Starts: Pablo Cartaya
A friend from those days, Jess Regel, moved to New York and eventually became an agent at Foundry Literary + Media.
- Gordon Lish Is Still Vibrant After All These Years
In those days I could look at a page of text and arrive at some kind of view of its qualities, its value.”Rarely if ever did Lish use readers, and it was many years before he dealt with agents.
- UNITE 2017: Reconfiguration, New Partnerships in the Works
“We came to reestablish relationships, look for new business, and connect with rights agents.”Curtis Riskey, president of the CBA since 2010, said the organization is not releasing official attendee or exhibitor numbers this year.
- Licensing Hotline: June 2017
S&S Gives the Green Light to CrayolaSimon & Schuster has secured the rights to publish preschool books under the Crayola brand.
- Q & A with Erin McCahan
I sold my first YA book with an agent, though that agent is no longer in the field.
- Fall 2017 Announcements: Politics & Current Events
The bestselling author takes a shot at predicting that the 2020s will bring a dramatic upheaval and reshaping of American government, foreign policy, economics, and culture.EccoBloodlines: The True Story of a Drug Cartel, the FBI, and the Battle for a Horse-Racing Dynasty by Melissa del Bosque
- Fall 2017 Announcements: Mysteries & Thrillers
Special agent Pendergast investigates. 250,000-copy announced first printing.Grove/Atlantic/MysteriousWolf’s Revenge by Lachlan Smith (Oct. 3, hardcover, $25, ISBN 978-0-8021-2707-5).
- New Titles from Self-Publishers: June 2017
Booksellers, publishers, librarians, and agents are encouraged to look at the 78 self-published titles below.
- Fall 2017 Announcements: Essays & Literary Criticism
Morris’s literary agent for 20 years has not written a conventional biography, but rather an appreciation of her remarkable work and life, published to coincide with her 90th birthday.Crusoe’s Island: A Rich and Curious History of Pirates, Castaways and Madness by Andrew Lambert (Sept. 11,
- The Trick with Writing Myth Into Thrillers
Because myths need monsters, I knew that the protagonists would be modern-day monster hunters: FBI agents.
- Book Deals: Week of June 26, 2017
Force did not use an agent in the deal.Da Capo Takes Bolger’s ‘War’ Robert Pigeon at Da Capo took world rights, in a preempt, to Daniel P.
- Fall 2017 Announcements: SF, Fantasy & Horror
A bizarre kidnapping case in the Chicago suburbs leads FBI Special Agent Jasper Wilde to confront an ancient evil.Jade CityFonda Lee.
- PRH Closing the Blue Rider Imprint
McIntosh also noted she is talking to agents and authors affected by the move with the goal of “ensur[ing} the most beneficial future for each title.”
- Religion Book Deals: June 2017
The second book, tentatively titled Change Your Mind, Change Your World, is slated for April 2019.Literary Agent Lands at RWWLiterary agent D.