- Cedilla & Co. Unveils Collective Model for Translations
., its member hope, will provide a bit more stability and security to its members.Pay rates for translations, Jaquette said, are so low that translators generally do not have agents to represent them. “ makes it hard to pay part of the fee to an agent,” she added.Cedill
- Book Proposal from 'Hidden Figures' Author Making Rounds
A representative from the firm confirmed that the agent and author are "currently taking publisher meetings, and have been all week," and Watson said that she expects a deal to close next week.
- Q & A with Deborah Heiligman
I said, “When I finish my other book, I have to write this book.”When I finally realized I couldn’t write that original book, I said to my agent—who was then Ken Wright—“I only have one other idea.
- More Russian Reads: Mysteries & Thrillers 2017
British army intelligence officer Tom Fox is sent to retrieve her.Red SkyChris Goff (Crooked Lane, June)Goff’s second Raisa Jordan thriller finds the U.S. diplomatic security service agent on a mission to northeastern Ukraine to investigate a suspicious plane crash.
- Book Deals: Week of March 27, 2017
The world rights deal, closed after a six-bidder auction, was brokered by agent Jim Hornfischer, who has an eponymous shingle.
- PW Online and On Air: Week of March 27, 2017
Sign up for these and other great, free newsletters.The most-read review on publishersweekly.com last week was Into the Water by Paula Hawkins.PodcastsWeek AheadPW senior writer Andrew Albanese on why the most recent AAP Statshot sales report showed a significant decline in trade sales.More to ComeThe More
- New Titles from Self-Publishers, March 2017
Booksellers, publishers, librarians, and agents are encouraged to look at the 115 self-published titles below, with descriptions provided by their authors.
- Every Writer Needs an Editor, Especially if that Writer is Also an Editor
It’s perhaps best, however, if this particular moment does not arrive for you while you are also the editor at the helm of a leading international publication for writers.Imposter syndrome, in the omniscient words of Wikipedia, is “a concept describing high-achieving individuals who are marked by an
- From Russia with Love?: Mysteries & Thrillers 2017
Former CIA agent Frank Weeks, who defected to the U.S.S.R. in 1949, invites his younger brother, Simon, to Moscow 12 years later to help edit his memoir.
- Indie Zombies Conquer the Streets of London and the Bestseller List
His stunt did get some media coverage, however, which ultimately led to three agents getting in touch with offers to represent him.
- 5 Tips For Marketing Your Self-Published E-Book to Libraries
Self-published books typically haven’t survived the agent/publisher gauntlet of traditional gatekeeping—a form of vetting that librarians appreciate—and they typically don’t come with the same number of reviews.
- Lit Agents Join Forces In Agents Round Table
In response to a changing marketplace, 10 women literary agents have launched the Agents Round Table (ART), a consortium of independent agents who have pledged to share knowledge, resources, and contacts.The goal of ART, according to Regina Ryan who has an eponymous shingle, i
- Pinkalicious’s Brother Lands Leading Role in 'Peterrific'
So she wrote (with her sister, Elizabeth Kann—also a doctor, but one “with a very good sense of humor”) and illustrated Pinkalicious, and peddled the project on her own when no agent would take her on as an unpublished author.
- Charlesbridge Launches Teen Imprint
I speak to agents about it .”
- No, I Can't Drive You to the Airport: A Freelancer's Life
Also consider related tasks: maybe part of your day includes researching ancient Egypt or searching for a literary agent.3.