- The On-Sale Calendar: June 2017 Children's Books
Geiger (Disney-Hyperion, $17.99; ISBN 978-1-4847-4957-9). 50,000 copies.Words in Deep Blue by Cath Crowley (Knopf, $17.99; ISBN 978-1-101-93764-8). 50,000 copies.I Am a Secret Service Agent: My Life Spent Protecting the President by Dan Emmett (St.
- In Brief: March 16, 2017
In addition to staff members, in attendance were editors, librarians, and Javaka’s agent, Edward Necarsulmer IV.Good Day, David Baldacci While on tour for The Width of the World, the latest book in his Vega Jane series.
- Q & A with Laini Taylor
She was a licensing agent and she took on my gift line.
- London Book Fair 2017: A Few Novels Gain Buzz Amid Restrained Deal-Making
(Agent Robert Caskie, at Caskie Mushens, represents the author.)
- Obituary: Amy Krouse Rosenthal
Rosenthal’s longtime literary agent Amy Rennert shared these words of appreciation: “What a joy it was for me to work with Amy all these years.
- Fantagraphics Has Surprise Hit in Debut ‘My Favorite Thing Is Monsters’
Ferris’ agent, Holly Bemiss, then placed it with Fantagraphics, which decided to split the book into two volumes in order to keep the list price ($40), and the book’s considerable production requirements, at reasonable levels.Fantagraphics publisher Gary Groth said he will publish the second
- Spotlight on John Gilstrap
Grave and his partner must extract an imprisoned DEA agent from a Mexican drug cartel’s jungle HQ.
- Book Deals: Week of March 13, 2017
Braff penned the agreement with agent Kristin Nelson at Nelson Literary.
- London Book Fair 2017: Cory Doctorow Unveils His Latest Publishing Experiment—Fair Trade E-Books
It gives me a simple, fair way to cut all the other parts of the value-chain in on my success: because this is a regular retail sale, my publishers get their regular share, likewise my agents.
- Children's Institute 2017: The Steads: Reconstructing Mark Twain's Only Picture Book
After winning the Caldecott Medal for A Sick Day for Amos McGee (Roaring Brook/Porter, 2010), Philip and Erin Stead, the husband-and-wife writing-and-illustrating team, received a number of book requests, but none as mysterious as an offer from Doubleday via their agent.
- London Digital 2017: Bringing the Science of Marketing Technology to Publishing
Our systems gather and assess dozens of unique data points, signals, and triggers by which books (and soon other products) are ranked, promoted, and sold by online retailers (including the likelihood of discovery and sell-through) and provide actionable real-time guidance to publishers and authors
- The Indie Author's Guide to Paid Reviews
It also boasts relationships with librarians, agents, and publishing professionals, as well as with publishing databases and outlets such as Ingram, and Publishing Perspectives.
- First Look: Jessica Townsend’s ‘Nevermoor’
She spent a year or two researching agents.
- The Obamas' Book Deals Spark $65 Million Mystery
Should PRH try, instead, to bring in money through the sale of foreign rights, the question becomes how much publishers in other countries will pay for the books.One literary agent said he thought the most PRH might make from foreign rights deals was $6 million, explaining that, because
- Cressida Cowell Looks for Lightning to Strike Twice with New Series
The deal for the series was brokered by Cowell’s agent, Caroline Walsh of David Higham Associates.