- Four Questions for Cheryl B. Klein
I first sent the manuscript out in 2017, and in 2018 Emma Ledbetter got in touch with my agent .
- New Titles from Self-Publishers: November 2020
Booksellers, publishers, librarians, and agents are encouraged to look at the 150 self-published titles below.
- Passion and Patience: PW talks with German agent Nicole Witt
In 2015 her agency won the International Literary Agent Award, which is presented by the London Book Fair and the U.K.
- Call and Response: Social Justice Books 2020-2021
This means that recent consciousness movements bring us to work with frontline organizers, organizational leaders, and change agents who are working full-time to bring about meaningful change.
- With Her New Book, Kaitlyn Greenidge Practices Radical Care
But with the encouragement of Carrie Howland, her agent, she returned to the story she’d heard from Holly.
- Guadalajara Goes Digital
Collaboration After 17 years, Literal is still focused on its mission to create a collaboration between Mexico and the U.S.Passion and Patience: PW talks with German agent Nicole Witt German literary agent Nicole Witt of the Mertin Literary Agency in Frankfurt represents many notable and emer
- Kacen Callender Wins 2020 NBA for Young People's Literature
Young people already have changed the world in so many ways, and it’s an honor and a privilege to be given the platform and the opportunity to help in their guidance through the magic of story.”The author gave special thanks to agent Beth Phelan and the team at Gallt & Zacker Literary
- The Hybrid Shanghai Children’s Book Fair Completes Run
“However, we had a small booth that was managed by our local agent Hong Cuili.
- Tales of the Unexpected: Mysteries & Thrillers 2020–2021
She describes the book as a “cry against the paternalistic culture and the persecution of outsiders”—in other words, very 2020.Below, more on Mysteries and Thriller books.Subversive Thrills: PW Talks with Aya de León In de León’s ‘A Spy in the Struggle,’ a Black corporate lawyer cum FBI
- Subversive Thrills: PW talks with Aya de León
Twelve years ago, I went to one of these conferences with literary agents and I pitched it.
- Presidential Memoirs Are Big Business. Will Anyone Buy Trump's?
While it might be unheard of to turn down a title by a former American president, Donald Trump poses unique challenges as an author that could force him to go outside the confines of Manhattan to sell any prospective book.PW talked with agents, editors, and other publishing professionals—most o
- Authors Demand Better Treatment from Albert Whitman & Co.
“We are told that some payments and statements are ultimately sent but only with persistent follow-up by the author’s agent; some agents are still waiting.
- Changes Coming to the Frankfurt Book Fair
"Likewise, in the agents center we would typically have 700 to 800 agents working, but our digital Frankfurt Rights platform saw 4,165 people sign up."
- How 'The Only Good Indians' Got Made—And How It Hopes to Revive Horror
Speaking over Zoom with members of his publishing team—including Saga editorial director Joe Monti, marketing and publicity manager Lauren Jackson, and his agent, B.J.
- Religion Book Deals: November 11, 2020
Thompson’s agent, Lisa Jackson of Alive Literary Agency, brokered the deal.T.I.