- Jolly Fish Press Finds Buyer
The news that Jolly Fish would close caught many agents and authors off guard, with a number taking to social media to express their anger and frustration.
- The Boss Baby Gets a Starring Role – and Second Billing
“I got a text from my agent, Steven Malk, which said, ‘Alex thinks you should do a sequel to The Boss Baby with a little girl,” Frazee recalled.
- 'On the Night You Were Born': A Triple Success Story
And the stars’ auspicious alignment continued: On the Night You Were Born is the top-selling title for author, agent, and imprint.
- Religion Book Deals: October 2016
Publisher Joni Sussman acquired the title from ITHL agent Nili Cohen.
- Frankfurt Book Fair 2016: Attendance Rises For Second Straight Year
The rights center, known as the LitAg also set another record, with over 700 agents attending, and some 460 tables.In a statement, Boos highlighted the first year of the fair’s Arts+ conference.
- The Big Deal at the Frankfurt Book Fair: Free Speech
“Stand by us, the other Turkey,” pleaded exiled Turkish journalist and newspaper editor Can Dündar, who presented the German translation of his new memoir, We Are Arrested: A Journalist’s Notes from a Turkish Prison, on Wednesday morning at the fair, sitting alongside his literary agent,
- Horror Authors Take a Stab at Self-Publishing
“I lost track of how many agents I queried,” says St.
- Apocalypse Soon?: Science Fiction & Fantasy 2016–2017
Atlantic Monthly, Feb. 2017 After the release of a man-made neurological agent that destroys memory, society is divided into the haves (those with memory) and have-nots (those without).
- Border Crossings: Science Fiction & Fantasy 2016–2017
The plot centers on a gay double agent who works to protect his lover during the rise of fascism.
- New Titles from Self-Publishers: October 2016
Booksellers, publishers, librarians, and agents are encouraged to look at the 81 self-published titles below, with descriptions provided by their authors.
- Christian Living Remains a Strong Publishing Category
Many people are addicted to comfort, from whatever source, writes author Erin Straza, and in Comfort Detox: Finding Freedom from Habits that Bind You (IVP, Feb. 2017) she urges readers to become God’s agents of comforting others.Control freaks will find insights into their tendencies and
- Joan Rivers: 'A Hoot and a Horror'
The truth is, it was not my idea—it was the brilliant idea of my agent, David Kuhn.
- Harvard Square Editions: A Small Press Adds NBA to Its Awards
After being turned down by 50 agents—only one asked to see the manuscript—Li submitted the novel to HSE, which he had seen featured in a newsletter from another small house, Black Lawrence Press.
- Frankfurt Book Fair 2016: Turkish Censorship Ignites Fairgoer's Ire
“Stand by us, the other Turkey,” pleaded exiled Turkish journalist and newspaper editor Can Dündar, who presented the German translation of his new memoir We Are Arrested: A Journalist’s Notes from at Turkish Prison on Wednesday morning at the Frankfurt Book Fair.Sitting alongside fair director Juergen
- Frankfurt Book Fair 2016: The Markets Summit Spotlights Global Opportunities
Among those was Andrea Pasion-Flores, the nation’s only literary agent, as well as Alvin Juban, president of the Game Developers Association of the Philippines, who joked that the country of 100 million people had become “fatalistic” about their place in the world and the fact that the country