- iBooks Bestsellers: Thor's 'Foreign Agent' is #1
Thor's latest Scot Horvath thriller, Foreign Agent, is #1 on the list.
- Obituary: Michael McCurdy
Among his best known titles for young readers are The Owl-Scatterer by Howard Norman (Atlantic Monthly Press, 1986) and The Seasons Sewn: A Year in Patchwork by Ann Whitford Paul (Harcourt, 1996), both named New York Times Best Illustrated books; An Old-Fashioned Thanksgiving by Louisa M
- Fall 2016 Adult Announcements: Politics & Current Events
Award-winning foreign correspondent Kitfield offers a dramatic portrait of the innovative Special Forces commanders and FBI agents who have pioneered an interagency, networkcentric strategy to battle America’s hidden enemies. 40,000-copy announced first printing.Beacon“Guns Don’t Kill People, People Kill People”:
- Fall 2016 Adult Announcements: Romance & Erotica
The intense competitive rivalry that began between sports agents Shaw Matthews and Cassidy Whalen and quickly transformed into a game of seduction comes to a close in this emotional and fiery conclusion to the Monkey Business trilogy.Bold StrokesCamp Rewind by Meghan O’Brien (Oct. 18, trade paper,
- Fall 2016 Adult Announcements: SF, Fantasy & Horror
International fiction, including several exciting books in translation, and collections of short fiction are the highlights of this fall’s list.
- Book Deals: Week of June 20, 2016
Writers House agent Al Zuckerman brokered the agreement with editor Adam Wilson.
- Fall 2016 Adult Announcements: Mysteries & Thrillers
In this debut from Australian author Harper, federal agent Aaron Falk hears that his childhood best friend, Luke, has been found dead after committing a terrible crime.
- Writers to Watch Summer-Fall 2016: Anticipated Debut Fiction
It also prompted Julia Kardon, Bennett’s agent, to ask Bennett if she might be interested in writing a nonfiction book about contemporary race issues.
- Graphic Novel Publisher First Second Celebrates Ten Years
Siegel added that “2013 was a big year; we were squeaking by with awards and great reviews, but then we took off and really matured as a business.”Looking ahead, Siegel is bullish on the newly launched Science Comics line, which is commissioned and designed by First Second editors, rather th
- Hot Off the Presses: Week of June 13, 2016
The book earned a starred review from PW.Secret Agent Man Goes Shopping for Shoes by Tim Wynne-Jones, illus. by Brian Won.
- New Nonprofit Looks to Foster Publishing Industry in the West
According to Lawrence, they currently have 15 groups interested in taking office space, including agents, publishing companies and book designers.Speaking to the programming Lawrence envisions the Center offering, he said there will be classes that "go over nuts and bolts types of issues that face
- Rights Report: Week of June 6, 2016
Publication for book one is set for fall 2018; Bill Contardi of Brandt & Hochman Literary Agents brokered the deal.
- Gallt Agency to Become Gallt and Zacker
Senior agent Marietta Zacker, who joined the agency in 2008, has become a partner, and the agency will now be known as Gallt and Zacker Literary Agency.
- Bunk Reads: Promoting Book Discovery at Summer Camp
Last summer, when Kirsten Cappy, founder of the marketing firm Curious City in Portland, Maine, was working with Ammi-Joan Paquette, author of Princess Juniper of the Hourglass (Philomel) and a literary agent, Cappy wished that she could get the book into every summer camp.After brainst
- Could Publishers and Agents Agree on a Flat Royalty Rate?
Many agents claim the 25% figure, created before e-books became such a large slice of the market, is essentially an arbitrary one.