- The Wordless Picture Book: A Panel Discussion at Politics and Prose
He described the first time he experienced a wordless book, the comic Nick Fury: Agent of Shield by Jim Steranko – as a jolt, or an electric shock.
- Children’s Editor Dick Jackson Turns Author
There is a wide variety of styles in the eight books Jackson has sold (all without an agent).
- 10 (Practically) Cringe-less Self-Promotion Ideas for Authors
It may be tempting to post snarky political comments or an old, risqué college pic, but you are bound to offend someone, possibly an ardent agent or esteemed editor.
- Book Deals: Week of May 2, 2016
Set predominantly in northern California, the book, Putnam said, “is fueled by international events and pits its protagonist against private contractors and CIA agents.”Avery Takes a “Pivot” with Hayes Caroline Sutton at Avery Books took world rights to Steven C.
- Q & A with Andrea Portes
A lot of the people I know are now movie producers or agents.
- Wattpad Wades into Hollywood with Wattpad Studios
He acknowledged that “this hasn’t really been done before, so a traditional label like ‘agent’ doesn’t exactly capture the role that Wattpad plays.”A Wattpad spokesperson said the company has hired an L.A.
- Report from Flanders: Children's Books Are Alive and Well
We were all on information overload, and an icon is an icon.For the rest of the time, the focus was on Flemish publishers, agents, authors, illustrators, and translators.
- New Titles from Self-Publishers: April 2016
Booksellers, publishers, librarians, and agents are encouraged to look at the 140 self-published titles below, with descriptions provided by their authors.
- Book Deals: Week of April 25, 2016
The book, which agent Lynn Johnston sold, is about a green curriculum’s positive impact on the students in the South Bronx high school where Ritz teaches.
- France Looks to ‘Brooklyn,’ ‘Grey’ Claims Sweden
Bourdeaut, a former real estate agent, has caused something of a stir with his first foray into fiction; his biography gives the novel’s publication an underdog undercurrent, with the author telling France’s L’Express magazine, “My only diploma is my birth certificate.”E.L.
- Fair Author Contracts: Two Lawyer Weigh In
Levine represent authors, agents, and publishers at their law firm, Levine Samuel.
- Industry Veterans Form A New Christian Fiction Publishing House
Balow was head of marketing for the Left Behind series for Tyndale and, for the last three years, a literary agent with The Steve Laube Agency.
- Children’s Lit Community Launches Auction to Help Refugees in Europe
Authors, illustrators, agents, editors, and more are coming together to help raise money to support the refugee crisis in Europe.
- Licensing Hotline: April 2016
and its agent Peeko.
- A New Take on the Old West: PW Talks with J. Todd Scott
DEA agent Scott’s first novel, , blends the classic western with a modern noir sensibility.What research did you have to do while writing The Far Empty?