- ‘The Sculptor’ Tops PW’s 10th Annual Graphic Novel Critics Poll
." – HMHONORABLE MENTION101 Artists to Listen to Before You Die by Ricardo Cavolo (SelfMadeHero) 750 Years In Paris by Vincent Mahe (Nobrow)ApocalyptiGirl: An Aria for the End Times by Andrew MacLean (Dark Horse)Bacchus Omnibus Edition, Vol. 1 by Eddie Campbell (Top Shelf)Batgirl, V
- 'The Affair' and the Top Five Hollywood Takes on Book Publishing
He landed an agent (who also seemed to act as his editor), did a packed reading, nearly slept with his hot publicist and name-dropped Philip Roth multiple times.
- Last Chance for Mission to Cuba
Forty high level American publishing executives from publishing, distribution and literary agencies will travel to Cuba for five days of programming, cultural events and interaction with approximately 50 Cuban publishers, distributors and agents.
- PW's Top Religion Stories of 2015
Where houses tried to forestall their own financial strain, authors went without royalty checks, and even agents paid a price.2.
- Spring 2016 Announcements: Romance & Erotica: History Is Happening
Former FBI Agent Clay Bowman has a history and connection with Riley.
- Spring 2016 Announcements: Entertainment & Sports: Bringing Out the Heavy Hitters
In entertainment, publishers will release some heavy hitters across the board this spring.
- Spring 2016 Announcements: SF, Fantasy & Horror: Worlds Turned Upside Down
But a game censor and an imperial government agent discover truths about the empire that make them question their loyalty.Wicked WeedsPedro Cabiya, trans. from the Spanish by Jessica Powell.
- Book Deals: Week of December 21, 2015
Miller’s agent, Kristyn Keene, brokered the sale with Sarah Cantin at Atria, who bought the book at auction.
- Spring 2016 Announcements: Mysteries & Thrillers: A Thriving Genre
The CIA betrayed its best agent, Court Gentry (aka the Gray Man).
- Licensing Hotline: December 2015
Since retaining Rocket Licensing as its agent in 2012, it has been transforming itself into a design and lifestyle brand.
- Fall 2015 Flying Starts: Guojing
Sending the story to her agent of three years, Isabel Atherton of Creative Authors, opened the door to her book deal with Schwartz & Wade cofounder Lee Wade.
- How Indie Authors Can Write Memorable Memoirs
Once you’ve completed your memoir, you no longer have to pass muster with a literary agent to find a traditional publisher to get your book out there.
- New Titles From Self-Publishers, December 2015
Booksellers, publishers, librarians, and agents are encouraged to look at the 87 self-published titles below, with descriptions provided by their authors.
- Fall 2015 Flying Starts: Kevin Sands
When The Blackthorn Key was finished, he “carpet-bombed agents, 70 or so, all one Monday morning in May ,” he says.
- Fall 2015 Flying Starts: Nicola Yoon
I’d draw a crappy version of whatever I wanted and then he’d draw the beautiful one that worked.”As she was drafting the novel, Yoon met Joelle Hobeika of Alloy Entertainment, who would become her agent.