- Neal Shusterman Wins 2015 NBA for Young People's Literature
He also thanked other editors he was worked with, including David Gale and Stephanie Owens Lurie, as well as his longtime agent, Andrea Brown.Shusterman gave a powerful speech about the origins of his novel, which he traced back when his son Brendan was in the second grade.
- 2015 National Book Awards Go to Johnson, Coates, Lewis, and Shusterman
“Like you, I’m here because I love books, even the agents here love books,” said Borowitz as the crowd erupted in laughter.Also during the ceremony, executive director of the National Book Foundation Harold Augenbraum, who is retiring this year, took the stage to clear one thing up:
- New Owner for Candlemark & Gleam
After the transition is well established, we'll open back up to receiving agented and un-agented manuscript proposals, although we don't have a timeline for this at present."
- Rights Report: Week of November 16, 2015
Publication is scheduled for spring 2017; Diana Fox of Fox Literary brokered the deal for world rights; Julie Kane-Ritsch at the Gotham Group is the co-agent representing film/TV rights.Wendy Lamb at Random House acquired Perijee & Me, the U.S. debut of U.K. author Ross Montgom
- Writing Under the Death Squad: Joe Gannon
So it was no small surprise when my agent said she would not even shop the first novel unless I had a detailed synopsis for a sequel.What to do?
- News Briefs: Week of November 16, 2015
HMH acquired North American print rights to the books from Howey’s agent, Kristin Nelson at Nelson Literary.
- Book Deals: Week of November 16, 2015
Kristen Neuhaus at Foundry Literary + Media sold the book, which is set for spring 2017.Correction: This article has been updated to reflect the fact that Suzie Townsend, not Kathleen Ortiz, is the agent for Elly Blake.
- Why Both Secular and Religious Writers Are Reflecting on the Bible
The collection, which received a starred review from PW, is edited by literary agent-turned-anthologist Andrew Blauner.
- Q & A with Pat Zietlow Miller
At what point did you sign on with an agent?
- Literary Agents Address Children's Book Writers and Illustrators
And many of the agents agreed: while some agents may dislike requests for response, if it’s been a while since you’ve heard back from a submission, it’s worth gently checking back in.
- PW Talks to Global Kids Connect Speaker Ginger Clark
Agents are still going to have to get on a plane once or twice a year and see their co-agents and their favorite editors in order to maintain those relationships.
- HarperOne Starts Digital-First Fiction Imprint
“We take a lot of manuscripts from agents currently.
- A Three-Book Deal in Sheep's Clothing
Multiple agents contacted them, wondering if they had considered shopping their book to a mainstream publisher.
- At the New Zola Books, Focus Is On Tech, Not Books
“Four years ago I was a literary agent,” Regal said.
- HMH Launches New SF/F List
HMH acquired North American print rights to the books from Howey's agent, Kristin Nelson at Nelson Literary.