- So Much More Than Ghostwriting: Spotlight on Kevin Anderson & Associates
“Whenever agents, agencies, publishers, and so on first learn about our firm and our services and processes, they often ask us, ‘Where have you been my whole life?’”
- Write It Like Disaster: PW Talks with Elisa Gabbert
So certain things that I had thought of as not really for me, as a writer—things like having an agent, writing a book proposal—suddenly seemed like maybe they could be for me.
- Shared Work of Resistance: PW Talks with Willie James Jennings
The goal is to weave together a wide group of people to all be talking deeply, together, about an ecology that is academic ecology embedded in a wider, damaged ecology.You write about how easily white people become agents of white supremacy even when trying to be anti-racist.One of the
- James Oseland Takes You Down Mexico Way for a Nosh
There’s a startling connection in cooking techniques across all cuisines.”Oseland took his idea for World Food to agent Doe Coover, founder and owner of the Doe Coover Agency in Massachusetts.
- Q & A with Daniel Nayeri
Carol Mann is one of the greats—a wonderful agent from whom I learned that I would make a terrible agent.
- Middle Ground Book Fest: A Panel on the Post-2020 Middle Grade Landscape
Johnson described agenting as being the middleman between the writer and editor.
- Rights Report: Week of August 3, 2020
Ben Rosenthal at HarperCollins/Tegen has bought, in a two-book deal, North American rights to a middle-grade series from former NBA All-Star Caron Butler (l.)
- Children's Job Moves: July 2020
Kayla Cichello is joining Upstart Crow Literary as agent, as of August 1.
- Book Deals: Week of August 3, 2020
In the book, HMH said, Strzok “draws on lessons from a long career—from his role in the Russian illegals case that inspired the TV series The Americans to his service as lead FBI agent on the Mueller investigation—to construct a devastating account of foreign influence at the highest levels of
- Canadian Libraries Respond to 'Globe and Mail' Essay Attacking Public Libraries
As literary agent Rick Pascocello has said, “They aren’t gaming the system, they own the system.”
- In Conversation: Saadia Faruqi and Laura Shovan
After talking with my agent, Stephen Barbara, the idea to co-author the book started taking shape.
- Agents Protest London Book Fair's Handling of Refunds
Agents who canceled their tables prior to the fair's ultimate, formal cancellation announcement had no money returned.
- Q & A with Kim Johnson
She got to take some of those independent threads and be the agent in her story.
- Coronavirus Poem Goes from Facebook Post to Picture Book
Over the years, O’Meara has written a number of manuscripts, but her disillusionment with the complexities of the publishing trade caused her to abandon attempts to find an agent.
- 'Frederick': A Mouse with a Message
Kirsten Hall is a children’s book agent at Catbird Productions and award-winning author (The Jacket; The Gold Leaf; The Honeybee).