- Looking for Love with Nobel Laureate Kazuo Ishiguro
The link between his books is originality and continuity.”Peter Straus, managing director at the U.K. agency Rogers, Coleridge & White, took over as Ishiguro’s agent after the death in 2014 of his longtime U.K. agent, RCW founder Deborah Rogers.
- Apple Books Category Bestsellers, November 1, 2020
Chasing Zero (An Agent Zero Spy Thriller—Book #9) by Jack Mars - 9781094371214 - (Jack Mars) 7.
- Commemorating a Decade of Ally Condie's 'Matched'
She is super warm and friendly—and was really my dream agent.”There were more pleasant surprises ahead.
- Obituary: Rachel Caine
Caine’s literary agent Lucienne Diver paid tribute to her client and friend on social media.
- Sharjah Book Fair Opens, Mixing Live and Virtual Events
The professional days are a key feature of the fair for the international community and the fair is generous in its support, paying to fly in hundreds of agents, rights directors and publishers.
- Children's Job Moves: October 2020
Brent Taylor has been promoted to senior agent, from agent.
- Brandon Hobson Digs Deep Into Cherokee Folklore
“Send it to me,” Eisenmann replied, and Hobson had found his agent.
- Book Deals: Week of November 2, 2020
The novel, the agent said, follows a girl named Felice who learns she is the daughter of the mythical ghost La Llorona of Hispanic American folklore and then “vows to help her mother make peace with the events that turned her into the most famous monstruo of U.S.
- The Golden Age of Book Adaptations for TV
As a result, authors and their agents can pitch their stories as continuous, and with the expanded demand for content, the possibilities are booming.How possible, how booming?
- Agent Albert Zuckerman to Retire
Veteran literary agent Albert Zuckerman is retiring.
- Book Deals: Week of October 26, 2020
Priscilla Painton at S&S took world rights from agents Keith Urbahn and Matt Latimer at Javelin.
- Mike Chen Shows Why Family Matters
In 2015, the manuscript for that novel landed him his agent, Eric Smith.
- An International View of the Frankfurt Book Fair
Going into the all-digital Frankfurt Book Fair, which concluded October 17, one question was whether literary agents would adapt to using the new Frankfurt Rights platform.
- Book Buzz Without a Book Fair?
As one agent put it, “The naked truth?
- Frankfurt's Boos Says Physical Fairs Cannot Be Replaced
"Likewise, in the agents center we would typically have 700 to 800 agents working, but our digital Frankfurt Rights platform saw 4,165 people sign up."