- Book Deals: Week of June 29, 2020
The deal also marks the last one brokered by veteran British agent Felicity Bryan, who died on June 21 at age 74, after battling cancer.
- Looking Ahead: Will Writers on Racial Justice Find Their Audience?
I want to see us sharing the microphone better.”Agents and publishers still face the twin tensions of time and the audience's attention span.
- Trump Family Sues to Block Publication of Tell-All Memoir
Documents appended to the filing include the text of the broad confidentiality clause at issue, which bars the parties and their agents, including Mary L.
- Throwing a Red Flag on Progressive Christianity
I started getting calls from agents and publishers and decided it was time to write a book.You mention Jen Hatmaker, Rachel Held Evans, and Brian McLaren as progressive Christians.
- Licensing Hotline: June 2020
“You feel like you’re part of the gang and an agent of the great outdoors.”
- Fall 2020 Announcements: SF, Fantasy & Horror
Witches, superheroes, and spacefaring adventurers feature heavily in this fall’s offerings, headlined by splashy debuts and long-awaited titles from heavy hitters.Top 10Black SunRebecca Roanhorse.
- Jeff Hobbs Brings You Back to School
“This is a book that crosses over cultures, class, and race, and that’s at the heart of what Jeff Hobbs is looking to bring to the world,” says Hobbs’s agent, David Black at the David Black Literary Agency.Colin Harrison, Hobbs’s editor and the v-p and editor-in-chief of Scr
- Book Deals: Week of June 22, 2020
The thriller, acquired from Inkwell Management’s Richard Pine and Eliza Rothstein, follows two female CIA agents who, Kim explained, “become intertwined around a threat to the Russia Division—one that’s coming from inside the agency.”
- Fall 2020 Announcements: History
CrownAgent Sonya: Moscow’s Most Daring Wartime Spy by Ben Macintyre (Sept. 15, $28, ISBN 978-0-593-13630-0) recounts the WWII espionage career of Soviet intelligence agent Ursula Burton, who gathered atomic secrets and ran a network of spies from her cottage in the Cotswolds.
- When Book Collaborations Go Bad
The editor sent our agent the bill requesting that Cindy reimburse the publisher.
- Fall 2020 Announcements: Romance & Erotica
Wright’s second contemporary to feature the Hollywood fixers of the Pure Talent Agency follows agent Skye Palmer as she tries to control the narrative around a client’s divorce.
- Fall 2020 Announcements: Mysteries & Thrillers
FBI agent Corrie Swanson takes on a case involving a mummified corpse discovered in a New Mexico ghost town.
- Obituary: U.K. Literary Felicity Bryan
Felicity Bryan, one of Britain’s most respected literary agents, died June 21 after a long struggle with cancer.
- The On-Sale Calendar: September 2020
SEPTEMBER September 1 Chaos by Iris Johansen (Grand Central Publishing, $28; ISBN 978-1-5387-1313-6). 125,000 copies.
- Sigrid Nunez Returns After Her NBA Win
My current agent had vanished while that book was in production!