- In Conversation: Saadia Faruqi and Laura Shovan
After talking with my agent, Stephen Barbara, the idea to co-author the book started taking shape.
- Agents Protest London Book Fair's Handling of Refunds
Agents who canceled their tables prior to the fair's ultimate, formal cancellation announcement had no money returned.
- Q & A with Kim Johnson
She got to take some of those independent threads and be the agent in her story.
- Coronavirus Poem Goes from Facebook Post to Picture Book
Over the years, O’Meara has written a number of manuscripts, but her disillusionment with the complexities of the publishing trade caused her to abandon attempts to find an agent.
- 'Frederick': A Mouse with a Message
Kirsten Hall is a children’s book agent at Catbird Productions and award-winning author (The Jacket; The Gold Leaf; The Honeybee).
- Book Deals: Week of July 27, 2020
The Nature magazine editor draws, the agent said, “from his decades of publishing cutting-edge scientific discoveries to tell a gripping story, a tale of survival and persistence, illuminating the delicate balance within which life exists.”
- The Pandemic Pushed Publishing Into the Digital Realm. So What's Next?
In its place will likely be a more geographically and socially diverse author-agent-publisher ecosystem, enabled by a more expansive communications infrastructure as well as new collaboration and networking norms and tools adopted in response to the pandemic.A new study by Ithaka S+R of university presses
- With Jennifer Nansubuga Makumbi's Next Novel, a Star is Born
Even after resubmitting new drafts in 2005 and 2008, multiple agents said no.
- Meet the Agent: Tanya McKinnon
A master’s degree in cultural anthropology from the New School came next, then a job as a foreign scout at Mary Evans Inc., where she spent nine years working as an agent.
- New Titles from Self-Publishers: July 2020
Booksellers, publishers, librarians, and agents are encouraged to look at the 149 self-published titles below.
- Religion Book Deals: July 22, 2020
Agent Jim Hart represented Gray and the title -- a tale of mysterious images appearing in a church's stained glass windows — is set for a Dec. 20 release.
- New ‘Festival of Licensing’ to Connect Global Licensors and Licensees Virtually
Up to 300 licensors and agents, regional and global, will have digital “booths,” a matchmaking service will facilitate pre-scheduled video meetings, and a chat feature will allow spontaneous communication.
- Spring 2021 Children's Sneak Previews
ABRAMSAbrams stands tall with Be a Tree!
- Children's Job Moves: June 2020
Saritza Hernández has joined as agent, and Jemiscoe Chambers-Black has joined as associate agent.
- Kidlit Distancing Socials Connect Community Through Weekly Webcasts
To help connect and motivate writers in the Covid-19 era, Laura Backes and Jon Bard, the Colorado-based husband and wife team that co-founded Children’s Book Insider, the Newsletter for Children’s Writers in 1990, have launched Kidlit Distancing Socials, a series of free weekly webcasts featuring ed