- New Titles from Self-Publishers: End of April 2020
Booksellers, publishers, librarians, and agents are encouraged to look at the 47 self-published titles below.
- Series Are the Alpha at Wolfpack Publishing
“When we are approached by any author or agent, the first thing we’re looking at is how many titles the author is bringing to the table.
- CCNY’s Publishing Certificate Program Faces the Pandemic
In addition, Unger said, the program receives funding for the Bernard Mazel Opportunity Scholarships it awards to students in financial need.PCP’s faculty, Powers said, includes former PRH editor Carol Taylor, literary agent and editor Tanya McKinnon, and former One World senior editor Melody Guy,
- Bologna Virtual Fair Releases Schedule, Opens Registrations
Bologna time will see the kick off the 24-hour Worldwide Illustrators Survival Portfolio Review, with 24 different illustrators, art directors, and agents taking turns, one each hour, to each review 10 illustration portfolios.
- Kensington to Introduce Larger Mass Market Format
“The agents, authors, and large retailers that we’ve spoken to are very excited about the new format,” he said.
- Kerlan Collection Hosts #OperationReadAloud
Not long afterwards, Rosemary Wells coincidentally made the same suggestion to her contacts; the two connected, and an ad hoc group was formed that included agents children’s illustrators, librarians, indie booksellers, as well as publishing professionals from all the major houses and several indie pre
- Working from Home
Recently, author and agent Miranda Paul offered to tell my six-year-old son jokes on FaceTime so that I could get some work done.
- Vigliano Reacquires His Agency
Vigliano said he was "grateful for all I have learned from AGI’s constellation of superstar agents."
- The Votes Are In: 'Dork Diaries' Fans Select New Book's Cover
She and her daughter, Nikki Russell, illustrator of the series, brainstorm cover ideas and create drafts of several options, which they then share with the author’s literary agent, Daniel Lazar, and the S&S editorial and design teams.
- Book Deals: Week of April 20, 2020
The author, agent added, has sold more than three million copies of her books.
- Tomes of the Unknown: War & Military Books 2020
When the Berlin Wall fell in 1989, the agents scattered, leaving behind more than a billion pages of intelligence on the citizens of East Germany.
- The Poet Laureate and Her Mother
Dealing with what happened in my life has made me a poet.”Trethewey’s agent, Rob McQuilkin, of Massie & McQuilkin Literary Agents, came to her through poetry.
- YA Author Launches 'Black Girls with Magic & Books' Online Book Club
Not only that, Caldwell—who is a literary agent as well as an editor—pointed out that a number of those books, especially in the YA category, have gone to auction.
- Q & A with Deborah Wiles
So, what I’ve been working on with my publisher and my agent is doing our part to keep booksellers open.
- Feiwel Series to Put New Faces and Spins on Classics
As soon as we hung up, I rushed back to my desk to send an offer to her agent.”