- Jane Harper's Tidal Wave of a Novel
With the help of agent Clare Forster at Curtis Brown Australia, The Dry sold as part of a three-book package to Flatiron, Pan Macmillan in Australia, and Little, Brown in the U.K.
- Rowling's Views Ignite War of Words in U.S., U.K. Literary Worlds
“We are writers, editors, journalists, agents, and professionals in multiple forms of publishing,” the letter declares.
- Book Deals: Week of October 5, 2020
The author is a former literary agent and graduate of the Emerson College publishing and writing program.
- Holiday Gift Guide 2020: Fiction
At the center of the epic is Ulysses “Uli” Sarkisian, an amnesiac FBI agent who lands in Queens on Election Day in 1980 with a mission he vaguely remembers.
- Thomas Nelson, Lysa TerKeurst Launch New Book Brand
TerKeurst will work with literary agent and manager Meredith Brock to identify and develop "the next generation of women Christian authors," according to a release.
- Holiday Gift Guide 2020: Nonfiction
Fans of both Borges and Parini will delight in this touching coming-of-age memoir.Children of the Land: A MemoirMarcelo Hernandez Castillo (Harper)ISBN 978-0-06-282559-9, $26.99Poet Castillo opens this impressionistic memoir of growing up as an undocumented immigrant with a gripping flashback to whe
- Horsin' Around in Jane Smiley's New Novel
Especially given what’s been happening this year, to be working on this book is a really pleasurable escape.”Molly Friedrich, Smiley’s agent, echoes that sentiment.
- The Hit Man as Hero: PW Talks with Thomas Perry
Nineteen years later, my agent suggested writing a new Butcher’s Boy story that might inspire a TV series.
- Why Can't Publishers Handle the Truth?
Earlier this year, independent children’s book publisher Lee & Low Books released its 2019 Diversity Baseline Survey, which revealed that 76% of respondent publishing staff, review journal staff, and literary agents are white.And even with the advent of the #MeToo movement, we still focus a
- 'Melanin in YA' Database Promotes Black Voices
A directory page will list Black authors, agents, editors, audiobook narrators, cover designers, and BIPOC resources such as Asian Author Alliance, Latinx in Publishing, LGBTQ Reads, and We Need Diverse Books.
- PW Star Watch 2020 Finalists Announced
The finalists are as follows: \tNicole Counts, senior editor, One World/Penguin Random House \tNivia Evans, editor, Orbit Books/Hachette Book Group \tRyan Mita, membership manager, Children’s Book Council \tQuressa Robinson, literary
- Four Questions for Sherri Duskey Rinker
I told my awesome agent, Lori Kilkelly, that I had been stewing about this idea.
- New Titles from Self-Publishers: End of September
Booksellers, publishers, librarians, and agents are encouraged to look at the 86 self-published titles below.
- Nadia Owusu's Earthquake of a Memoir
In the second year of the program, she wrote her “first real draft.”Some chapters were published as standalone pieces: Owusu’s agent, Meredith Kaffel Simonoff at DeFiore & Company, tells me she first encountered Owusu “through an essay she wrote for Catapult, titled ‘The Wailing,’ depicting
- Indie Success: Writing off the Map
Follow through.”Agents help.