- Vigliano Reacquires His Agency
Vigliano said he was "grateful for all I have learned from AGI’s constellation of superstar agents."
- The Votes Are In: 'Dork Diaries' Fans Select New Book's Cover
She and her daughter, Nikki Russell, illustrator of the series, brainstorm cover ideas and create drafts of several options, which they then share with the author’s literary agent, Daniel Lazar, and the S&S editorial and design teams.
- Book Deals: Week of April 20, 2020
The author, agent added, has sold more than three million copies of her books.
- Tomes of the Unknown: War & Military Books 2020
When the Berlin Wall fell in 1989, the agents scattered, leaving behind more than a billion pages of intelligence on the citizens of East Germany.
- The Poet Laureate and Her Mother
Dealing with what happened in my life has made me a poet.”Trethewey’s agent, Rob McQuilkin, of Massie & McQuilkin Literary Agents, came to her through poetry.
- YA Author Launches 'Black Girls with Magic & Books' Online Book Club
Not only that, Caldwell—who is a literary agent as well as an editor—pointed out that a number of those books, especially in the YA category, have gone to auction.
- Q & A with Deborah Wiles
So, what I’ve been working on with my publisher and my agent is doing our part to keep booksellers open.
- Feiwel Series to Put New Faces and Spins on Classics
As soon as we hung up, I rushed back to my desk to send an offer to her agent.”
- Perseverance, Advocacy, and Passion: The 2020 Kweli Color of Children's Literature Conference
The panelists expounded upon what the process of getting an agent was like, as well as what agents and editors look for in prospective projects.
- Apple Books Category Bestsellers, April 12, 2020
Target Zero (An Agent Zero Spy Thriller—Book #2) by Jack Mars - 9781640298002 - (Jack Mars) 15.
- Four Questions for I.W. Gregorio
Early in the querying process, I got a response from an agent named Amy Tipton; she was literally the first agent I got a response from, within hours of sending my query.
- Are Self-Published Authors Still Indie Authors?
Without an agent, it was difficult to get the backing of a publisher, and without a publisher it was nearly impossible to get books into physical bookstores, where most readers discovered and purchased books.
- Brian “Box” Brown Turns to Fiction
Mimicking a documentary film, the book depicts the life of Owen Eugene, a fictional child actor, through interviews with his family, agents, directors, and costars.
- Book Deals: Week of April 13, 2020
The House Sitter is slated for 2022.Correction: Due to agent error, the description of the Joshua Melville book American Time Bomb incorrectly said Sam Melville taught the Weather Underground how to make bombs.
- Agents Weigh Whether to Submit Projects During the Pandemic
These moves, said the agents interviewed for this story, suggest that advances are likely to go down.