- Paris and Leipzig Book Fairs Cancelled, Brussels to Go Ahead
The event is also holding its first agents' center, with a focus on European publishers and agents.The impact of the coronavirus on the Foire du Livre, as well as the upcoming London Book Fair, remains to be seen.
- London Briefcase 2020: What U.S. Agencies Will Be Selling at the London Book Fair
Aevitas Creative ManagementBend You to Remain by Tsering Lama U.S. publisher: Bloomsbury, fall 2021A debut novel from the storytelling advisor for Greenpeace International tells the 60-year tale of a Tibetan family’s journey through exile, from Nepal to North America, following three women and a fatherless
- What the New Coronavirus Means for Publishing
She added that her company is making arrangements for teleconferencing, should remote meetings become necessary: “There were already quite a few publishers and agents from Asia who had decided not to attend.
- Road-Tripping with Héctor Tobar Through His New Novel
And so becoming a writer was a way to show the world how special I am.”Jay Mandel, Tobar’s agent at William Morris Endeavor, calls him “a Swiss Army knife of a writer.”
- Americans Begin Pulling Out of LBF
Publishers and agents were also saying that, as the number of cancellations from editors and agents in other countries grows, the number of meetings they have set up is being reduced.One major publisher who is still planning to attend is Penguin Random House, although there are a few c
- PubWest 2020: Children's Publishers and Librarians Share Engagement Tips
\tTalk to agents—identify best practices \tTalk to your distributor—identify best practices \tLook into awards—identify what’s getting the attention \tTie it to an existing genre on your list \tDon’t be a one-hit wonder
- Clive Cussler, Bestselling Adventure Author, Dies at 88
His best known character, Dirk Pitt, a marine engineer, government agent and sea adventurer, first appeared in the Mediterranean Caper in 1973; and was followed by Iceberg (1975), and Raise the Titanic!
- Publishers, Agents Scramble to Reschedule Bologna
“If we have to cancel, we can make up the business through our sub-rights agents.
- Rights Report: Week of February 24, 2020
Krista Marino at Delacorte has acquired North American rights to You'll Be the Death of Me and a second untitled YA novel by Karen M.
- Laura Lippman Finds Her Fighting Words
After some confusion, she followed a TSA agent’s instructions and got in another screening line, where a different agent asked her if she really needed to be there.
- Book Deals: Week of February 24, 2020
Rob McQuilkin at Massie & McQuilkin Literary Agents represented the author, who is a New Yorker contributor.
- New Titles from Self-Publishers: February 2020
Booksellers, publishers, librarians, and agents are encouraged to look at the 54 self-published titles below.
- Mikel Jollett Crafts a Heartbreaking Memoir of Staggering Growth
I loved this memoir the way I have never loved a memoir.”Writer’s House senior agent Susan Golomb, who sent Raab Hollywood Park, first saw the manuscript in summer 2018.
- PubWest 2020 Looks Forward to a Diverse Future
Steve Wasserman, the publisher of Berkeley’s Heyday and a veteran literary agent and editor, agreed that small presses will help change the conversation, but objected to restricting the kinds stories writers are allowed to tackle.
- Fall 2020 Children's Sneak Previews
ABRAMSAbrams ties on an apron for Our Little Kitchen by Jillian Tamaki, in which resourceful neighbors collaborate to prepare a meal for their community; The Feathered Serpent and the Five Suns by Duncan Tonatiuh, a retelling of the pre-Colombian creation myth about the deity Quetzalcoatl, or the Feathe